1.27.2012

UNC vs NC State game!

When my husband and I began dating three years ago, we made a pact to go to a Carolina Tarheel basketball game each year. My husband grew up in a traditional Carolina family. They are avid supporters of the Tarheels. You would never question their team commitments considering my brother-in-law's room is entirely Carolina blue and white with everything Tarheel licenced related and my father-in-law is never seen in public without sporting a Carolina Tarheel t-shirt. I mean seriously, even his dress clothes are Carolina blue! However, I was raised in a house divided. Many of my family members attended NC State (even my brother!) but many of the people in our family pull for Carolina. Since I wasn't raised in a truely committed family, I've always rode the fence in which teams I pull for. However, I only pull for NC State and UNC. So when my husband went to purchase tickets for a game for this year, there was no question as to which game we would be attending. It was only fair that we attend the UNC vs NC State game so that I could pull for either team!!!

So yesterday, my husband, brother-in-law, father-in-law, and myself made our way to Chapel Hill. As a rule, I typically pull for NC State in football and Carolina in basketball, so I went sporting my Carolina blue and white (see OOTD Catch Up post for what I wore). Here are some of the pictures we snapped from the game!






The hubby & I on the Tarheel express! If you ever go to a Carolina game, this is the way to go. Take Jones Ferry Rd. and turn into University Lake. You can pay $5 per person and take the bus. They'll take you straight to the stadium and pick you right up after the game. You don't have to fight the traffic and it's super easy to get in and out of!

We got free towels at the game! Who doesn't love free stuff?!

I had to share the following Youtube videos as well. I don't know how many of you actually watched the game but with only a second left before half-time, a player from NC State shot the ball 80-ft from the goal and the ball went in. The funny thing was most people weren't paying attention and never noticed. But I saw it and it was beautiful!!! Here's the clip!

I have to share this video as well. Each game, this video is played. Sometimes it comes before the game begins and sometimes it comes before halftime. Either way, I look forward to seeing it. It's great to see all the past and present famous Carolinian's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!