The following are 18 items that made the cut and why I chose them (:
1. Boppy Pillow: This was the number one item on my registry list! When the triplets were born, these were lifesavers! They worked great as arm rests when we were holding the boys as they napped (those heads do get heavy after a while). They also worked great as the boys got older and we propped them in the boppy just to play or to feed them their bottles. Along with registering for the pillow itself, I registered for a couple of adorable boppy pillow covers (:
2. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Milk Feeding Bibs: I chose to register for these bibs because I liked the high collar of them. They fit close to a baby's neck as opposed to being loose like a normal bib. I always hate when you're bottle feeding a baby and the milk starts running down their chins and necks and ends up staining and soaking the tops of their little outfits. You can try using burp cloths but even then it doesn't catch all of the running milk. My hope is that these bibs will work as great as they're supposed to and we can avoid lots of soiled clothes after feedings!
3. Dr. Brown's wide neck bottles: I registered for a few packs of these bottles just in case I'm not able to breastfeed and I need to have them on hand. Everyone I know uses Dr. Brown's bottles and had great experiences so I didn't even consider any other types of bottles.
4. Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breastpump: This was another easy item to register for. At first, I had no clue as to what type of pump to purchase as I've never had to use one before. So I set out to reading every breastfeeding blog post out there and started asking breastfeeding mothers their opinions. Everyone had the same answer..."the Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breastupump". So with all of it's rave recommendations, I added it to my list. I just hope its as good as everyone says it is!
5. Boon Lawn Countertop Drying Rack: First off, I chose this item because it was a must have on several of the new mommy blogs that I read. Secondly, I chose it because it's absolutely adorable and so much cuter than all of those standard bottle drying racks. Who wants a drying rack that's plain, white, and spins, when you can have one that looks like a yard and can even be decorated with little flowers and mushrooms to hold pump parts?! Definitely not me!
6. Moby Wrap: Initially I didn't plan to register for a baby carrier or wrap but after talking to several moms who made excellent arguments, I changed my mind. I was told a carrier or wrap works great for those days when your baby wants to be close by but you need to get things done around the house. It allowed your baby to be close but for you to be hands free. I was also told they work great for those times when you're out and about in public and don't want to deal with the hassle of carrying around a stroller or car carrier. Thinking these are great points, I decided to add one to my registry list. I chose the Moby Wrap because it's lightweight and would work great in the summer without Harper getting to hot. I also liked that you can wrap it different ways to allow her to be placed in different positions. A normal carrier isn't as flexible.
7. Aden & Anais swaddle blankets: Every new mom's list on the blogosphere raves about these little babies so I figured they were a must. After seeing and feeling them at the store, I can see why!
8. Cocalo Perfect Swaddle: I chose to register for these as well as the Aden & Anais swaddle blankets because I thought these would be easier for the hubby to use since they're pre-folded and you pretty much just stick baby's feet in the bottom and wrap the top part over the baby's body and velcro it. He thanked me when I told him about it (: lol
9. Diaper Genie Elite: I know some people who use these and others who thought they were a waste but despite those few who didn't like them, I decided to try it out. My goal is to only use it for dirty diapers and place all the wet ones in a trash can but we'll see how that goes!
10. Summer Infant Privacy Plus Slim and Secure Plus Digital Color Video Monitor: I was torn between what monitor to register for. It wasn't until after going to Babies R Us that I decided on this one. I started reading reviews about it and it's one of the top recommended monitors and it's pretty reasonably priced compared to some of the others so I finally settled on it. Any other mommies out there who uses this one?
11. Graco Pack 'n Play with Cuddle Cove Rocking Seat: I saw this pack and play online a few months after finding out I was pregnant with Harper. As soon as I read about it, I knew it was without a doubt the pack and play I'd register for. I love the fact that it includes a changing table, a diaper storage area, as well as a vibrating rocking seat that can be removed and carried around the house. It's the ultimate package all in one and I think it's gonna work great when Harper's first born. My goal is to set it up in our bedroom so that I have everything I need right there with us. If Harper's having a hard time of sleeping, I can prop her in the rocking seat until she falls asleep or I can remove it and just put her in the packing play if she goes straight to sleep. I also have somewhere to change her without having to carry her into her room and use the changing station in there. On top of that, it will save us alot of space in our car when we travel to the beach in July because we can just take it with us and we'll have her bed, changing area, and something to occupy her!
12. Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Stroller: Knowing that Kevin and I are going to have to give up our gym days when Harper arrives, we knew we wanted to purchase a jogging stroller so that we could at least run in our neighborhood. I wanted a jogging stroller that was a travel system and would fold up easily and didn't take up alot of room. Fortunately for me, Babies R Us didn't have a large selection of jogging stroller travel systems. After looking at the few they had, we decided on this one because we liked the idea of using black and purple. It was girly enough but could be used later on if we had a boy. We also liked that this stroller included a large storage rack on the bottom; along with two cup holders for the parents and a storage compartment to hold our keys and cell phones. And did I mention it has built in speakers and a place for you to plug up an mp3 player? How cool is that?!
13. Crane Cool Mist Humidifier: When I think about things that babies need, I didn't ever even consider a humidifier. It wasn't until after I was reading new mama's must haves on blogs that I realized they're pretty important. After several new moms recommended this one, I decided to try it out as well. Plus it doesn't help that it's super cute compared to the other ones out there!
14. The First Years Sounds for Silence Premium Sound Machine: I registered for this only because alot of moms suggested it. I'm not sure how often I'll use it but who knows, I may figure out that it's something I can't live without!
15-17. Fisher Price My Little Lamb Collection (swing, bouncer, rock and play sleeper): I loved how cute these three items were! I loved the neutral colors that would blend in our living room and could be used with Harper or a little boy if we ever had one in our future. To top it off, the bird mobiles on the bouncer and swing are absolutely adorable! I wasn't planning on registering for the rock and play sleeper but after seeing how portable it was, I thought it would work great to move from room to room and from grandparents to grandparents house when we're out visiting for long periods of time!
18. Skip Hop Versa Diaper Bag: Knowing that I'll eventually stop carrying a purse because I'll be lugging around a diaper bag, I wanted a diaper bag that didn't look like a diaper bag. When I stumbled across this diaper bag on pinterest, I fell in love with it. It looked just like a purse, was pretty good sized, and included compartments for both mom and baby! It was perfect! It's definitely an item that I'll be purchasing if I don't receive it!
Well those are the main items that made the cut for our baby registry, what made yours?!