9.02.2015

{Baby Holt #2} Gender Predictions

As I mentioned a couple of weeks back, Kevin and I had the opportunity to find out what our baby's gender was right about the time I was twelve weeks along. Apparently quite a bit has changed since my pregnancy with Harper. Now a baby's gender can be revealed in a mother's blood work as early as ten weeks. When the sweet nurse called and asked me if I'd want to know Baby Holt's gender, I told her yes but only if it was 100% accurate. The sweet nurse told me she'd never had a case that was wrong so I hope she was telling the truth because we believed her and now have a gender reveal party fully planned. As of right now, the big reveal day is set for next Monday. What better day to have a gender reveal party/cookout than on Labor Day! So in honor of the big reveal, I thought it would be fun to look at a few old wives tales. I've never been one to truly believe most of these but it always makes for some fun guessing (: 

What the old wives' tales say

Is the heartbeat above or below 140?
Above... During my first ultrasound appointment, taken at 5 weeks, Baby Holt's heart was beating at 153 bpm. During our second appointment, we were able to hear Baby Holt's heart beating strong at 173 bpm. 

Are you craving sweet or salty?
Salty... Pizza, french fries, mozzarella sticks, chips and salsa... you name it and I want it!

What does the Chinese Gender Chart say? 
Girl

What does the Mayan Gender Chart say?
Girl

Do you have acne, yes or no?
No 

Are you having morning sickness, yes or no?
From the very beginning of my pregnancy I was very nauseous but never to the point of actually throwing up. However, at five weeks pregnant, I was put on diclegis to help with the nausea. Since this prescription requires you to take it every day instead of just as needed, it's hard to tell if I still would have nausea or not. But for the sake of this question, we'll go ahead and say yes to morning sickness since it was there at the beginning. 

Do you have headaches, yes or no? 
Oh my word, yes. I have had so many headaches this pregnancy that have had me in bed by 5pm each day! Thank the good Lord for my amazing in-laws and hubby for caring for Harper each of those nights when I couldn't. 

Do you sleep on the right or left side? 
Ha this makes me laugh because I toss and turn all night so I can't really give you an honest answer. But if I had to narrow it down, I'd say I typically sleep more on the left

Are you carrying the baby high or low?
It's hard to say to answer this one as well since I'm not really showing at this point. If I had to really guess, I'd say low because I've noticed my belly really rounding out in my lower abdomen. 

What does the hubby say?
Kevin has said our next child would be a boy long before we were even pregnant. His prediction has never wavered.

What do I think?
The day I found out I was pregnant I woke up from the most startling dream. I was in the hospital and next to me was a dark headed, dark skinned little girl who had all the features of Harper but yet looked slightly different. When the doctor asked me what we planned to name "her", I quickly rattled off a girl's name... the very one we have set aside for our next little girl. This dream was so real that it prompted me to take a pregnancy test later that evening and from that day on, I've sworn to Kevin we were having a girl.

What does Harper say?
From day one, Harper has promptly replied that she wants a brother. When she first found out we were having a baby and we asked what she wanted, she'd tell us she wanted a BIG brother. It took several weeks for her to grasp that she was the BIG sister and her sibling would be the little brother or little sister. With that said, she now constantly states that she wants a "little brother". When asked what she wants her brother's name to be, it's either Owen (her friend from daycare), Greg (one of my friend's dad's), or Little Brother. haha



Based on the Old Wives Tales, Baby Holt #2 should be a boy... but only barely! haha
What's your prediction?!



post signature

28 comments:

  1. The test was wrong for one of my friends here in AZ, ha ha! But they were super happy and excited about the change (but I still don't know how it was wrong because I've heard the blood tests are super accurate!) I doubt you have anything to worry about though!
    I can't WAIT to hear what you're having! Have SO much fun celebrating at your gender reveal party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL! But only because your sounds so much like my first pregnancy! Despite the fact that I had so many pointing to boy I knew I was having a girl, and lo and behold, gorgeous bouncing girl. What do you hope for?

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. based on this, every symptom i had said i should have had a girl..and my little man is all boy! ;-) haha honestly each and every baby and pregnancy is different. I am leaning towards girl for you though. little boys are the greatest though, you will be lucky no matter what baby H is! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna go with your husband and say a boy! Loved that you asked Harper her opinion too :)

    Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, things really have changed!!! 10 weeks is so early, oh my...#millennialbloggers

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Let us know and keep us updated! :)
    Courtney//As We Stumble Along

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it would be fun to have both a boy and a girl so I'm going to say boy!
    Such a cute little post and congrats :)

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun! And holy cow to learning so early. I'm pregnant with #3 (5 weeks today), and with my first two, I was so impatient and couldn't wait for the 18-week scan...we went to an elective place at 16 weeks with both of our boys. Congrats on the newest baby baking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is making me really excited for when we have kids in the soon future hopefully - I love that you can find out so early now! I can't wait to see what you're having - I'm going to vote another little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for y'all! Hope you have an amazing gender reveal party on Labor Day... You're right! So perfect :) My guess is a girl!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  11. My guess is a girl but I'm sure a boy would be just as fun!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't believe how much has changed!
    www.kayleighskloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh this is so fun! My sister-in-law is expecting and we got into all of these wives' tales, but none were accurate for her! Enjoy your gender reveal, can't wait to see more about it!

    http://www.thepdxbelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting!! I can't wait to hear about your gender reveal party. I'm going to guess girl!

    xo.

    http://apeachysonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the wive's tales are so funny. I think gender reveal parties are such a fun little surprise. Can't wait to find out if baby #2 is a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot wait until this is a part of my life, so happy for you and your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, so those wives tales were about as helpful as a snow shovel in Jamaica. Damn! Sounds pretty split. At first I wanted to say that you were having a girl. Your cravings didn't throw me off because I knew plenty of women who've craved savory foods and had girls. The fact that your carrying low kind of threw it all off for me. Everyone I know who carried low had boys...so grrrrr! Labor Day can't come soon enough! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! I can't wait to find out if these old wives tales are true!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The wive tales always make me laugh! I really hope when my friends start having babies soon they have gender reveal parties because they always look like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute! Can't wait to find out the gender!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute! THINGS REALLY HAVE CHANGED.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cute! Best of luck to you, your hubby and your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always love all of your posts! Best of luck to you, beauty!
    Lauren
    The Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  24. I cannot wait to find out if you have a boy or girl! From the results, it looks like you might be getting a little girl but a boy would also be perfect.
    Sophie
    Smitten Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  25. New follower here- what an exciting time and how cool that you know gender so early!! Our first is a girl and this sounds so much like my symptoms from her (except the food cravings- I only wanted SWEET SWEET SWEET!) How do these symptoms compare to how you felt with Harper?! Love the dream story and how you thought to take test- very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is so exciting!! I hope it's a girl…I really love little ladies!! Congrats pretty momma!

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  27. How exciting! I can't wait to see if you're having a boy or girl! I'm going to say GIRL :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. THis is pretty awesome, 10 WEEKS! I told my sister in law who is pregnant and she flipped, lol

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!