9.24.2015

{Home Tour} Kitchen

Good morning, friends! It came to my attention last week that it's been quite some time since I've shared photos of our home. The last time I shared photos was in this post and can I just say, our house has changed quite a bit since then. So over the next couple of weeks I thought it would be fun to share some of the changes we've made over the last couple of years. So without further ado, today I'd like to share our kitchen with you. 

When we first moved in, this space had wallpaper and ugly brick colored tile (refer to old home tour). Two years ago, while on vacation, my wonderful parents came over and ripped down the wallpaper for us. Thanks Mom and Dad!  Afterwards, we had the walls painted Baltimore Orieles by Valspar and had a family friend come in and add crown molding to the top of the kitchen. This past spring, we hired my cousin to come in and replace that ugly brick colored tile with these gorgeous handscraped hardwoods. The end result has my heart fluttering. 












 







For now, this room is finished. At some point, we have plans to replace the light fixture in the kitchen with a lantern style chandelier in a bronze finish. I've also been debating whether or not to have our cabinets painted white but with the black appliances, I just can't decide. Thoughts ladies?


post signature

19 comments:

  1. What a transformation! Looks more cohesive now.

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitchen!! It's beautiful. Does the glass door lead to a mudroom? I wish we had a mudroom, we need one badly our front door area is always a mess with shoes and everything.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your kitchen is so cute and you have such a beautiful home! Thanks for sharing!
    xx, Mikkaela
    The Southwestern Prepster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen is fabulous! I love that southern frame! it's perfect!!

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful home, I really like your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is just lovely!
    I can't wait to have my own home someday with a large kitchen instead of my tiny apartment kitchen.

    xoxo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a charming kitchen! I love all of your decor, especially the touches of fall!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how home-y this kitchen is! It just looks so inviting! Beautiful table tops!
    Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so cozy and inviting! I can't wait to have my own kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like the wooden aesthetic! Your decor really ties everything together :)

    Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cozy! And perfectly decorated for fall!

    Kayla | kaylablogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful kitchen, it looks great for entertaining! I always love home tours! (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful kitchen, and I'm sure the rest of the house is just as beautiful! I will definitely be consulting you when I start to decorate a new, larger apartment, because I love all of the neat little touches :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm obsessed with your countertops! What a stunning kitchen!

    xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your house is so cute! You did an amazing job with it! I hope you love it and have many years to come in it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing! I love updating rooms in the house. :)

    Allisonleighann

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice sized kitchen, I really loved the details you put in!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many cute additions! Love!
    www.kayleighskloset.com

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!