1.04.2013

Nursery Inspiration

One of the things that I've been looking forward to since I found out I was pregnant is decorating our baby's room. Shockingly enough, it's one of the things my husband couldn't wait to do either since he found out he was going to be a dad. Might I add, this is the first time he's ever shown interest in how the house is decorated other than he's the one who picked out our living room furniture because "he knew exactly what he wanted but just couldn't find it anywhere". lol So the fact that he was excited about it fueled my excitement even more.

Before we knew Harper was a girl, we picked out the furniture and chose the bedding sets that we liked for both a girl and a boy. Unfortunately, by the time we found out she was a girl, the bedding we had picked out was out of stock everywhere. So we had to start hunting again for something that we liked just as much. After surfing through hundreds (no lie) of bedding sets, we still couldn't find anything we liked. Then I started looking on roomzaar.com at baby nursery's in hopes of finding some custom made bedding that we liked. Lucky for me, I landed on this adorable nursery and fell in love with it. As soon as I saw it I showed it to Kevin and he fell in love with it too. He loved the use of the red as it's his favorite color and he felt like the colors blended with the rest of the colors in our home. So we decided that was the bedding for us. So then we started hunting for it; only to discover the bedding was two years old and wasn't sold online anywhere except for a store where it would cost close to $400! On a whim, I decided to check on ebay to see if anyone had a set and lucky for me, someone did. I was fortunate enough to find a lady who had bought the bedding set but hadn't used it. So after getting in a bidding war, I grabbed that bad boy for $65! Score!

Since her furniture and bedding were ordered last Friday and are officially on their way to our house, here is my inspiration for Harper doodle's nursery!


1. Here is Harper's gorgeous bedding. The set is called Delilah and is made by Cocalo Couture. It is just what Kevin and I were looking for. Both of us did not want a nursery that was "babyish". We wanted a nursery that was sophisticated that would grow with our child. We absolutely love the idea of using rich colors such as red, teal, yellow, and brown in the nursery instead of the traditional pink (which I'm not a fan of!).

2. I absolutely love her mobile! I think the birds are so cute and thankfully birds are a huge thing right now so it'll be easy to incorporate little trinkets and what not's into the room's decor.

3. I love floor length curtains so I definitely want to add them in Harper's nursery. I've been debating on what color to accent her room with but I think we've finally decided on red since it's her Daddy's favorite color!

4. For Harper's furniture, we chose to purchase the Simmons Adele Caffe collection from Babies R Us. I saw it back in November after I stopped in one day to kill some time before meeting a friend at a nearby restaurant. As soon as I saw the set sitting in the middle of the floor, I knew it was for Baby Holt!

5. I saw this cute monogram wall decal and I think it will be the perfect addition to go above Harper's bed! The bird will pick up perfectly from her mobile!

6. As a last minute decision, I chose not to purchase the lamp that matched Harper's bedding set. I was afraid that if I had too much of the bedding pattern in the room it would ruin the look. So I decided to look for a simple red lamp. I happened to find this one at Target and I thought it was simple, modern, and cute! I haven't purchased it yet but once we get the nursery together, I think I might just have to see if I can find a place for it (:

Well there's some of my inspiration. I got an email today that the furniture arrived at Babies R Us and Harper's bedding and mobile will be here by tomorrow according to the tracking number from UPS and FedEx. So check back sometime soon because I see lots of decorating in my weekend plans (:


2 comments:

  1. Oooh a friend of mine had that bedding set for her little girl, it was so cute! Love all your choices, can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!!! So glad you got what you wanted!!! I am just now putting the finishing touches on my nursery! I wish I could get my husband interested in decorating haha. But it's a lot of fun...the waiting is the hard part!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!