1.22.2012

Weekend Recap

It is so hard to believe that another weekend has come and almost gone. The older I get the faster they really do fly. Friday afternoon I stayed at school later than usual and tried to mentally and physically prepare myself for this coming school week. After I left work I went to Belk to check out what kind of sales they were having. I ended up scoring this awesome gray jacket for $20!


Love the collar! (minus Rimy's hair!)

& I love the tailoring on the back!

After I left Belks, I went to see the amazing Crystal Williams at Midtown Salon and Spa and got a much needed hair cut! I have bangs again and am sooo excited! By the time my hair appointment was over, it was time for dinner. Each Friday night, Kevin and I go to dinner with the group. This week Brooke suggested we try something different since we always go to the same places. So we decided to try out Mivano's, a new Italian restaurant in our small town. It was absolutely delicious and relatively inexpensive. If you live in the area, I would definitely recommend you trying it out!

Saturday I woke up with a to-do list the size of Texas. Yet with the rainy day we had, I found it hard to get motivated to do anything. The only thing I accomplished was doing a bit of laundry and taking out the trash! Instead, the hubby and I spent all day laying in bed watching one Lifetime movie after another. Finally around 4:30 I decided to get up and get myself ready. Since Kevin had to work Saturday night, I planned a girls night out with Brittni and Mandy. They met at my house around 5 and we headed to the mall and did a little window shopping. We ended up grabbing dinner at the food court and then went and saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D. It was soooo good! After the movie, we went to Target and then to Krispy Kreme. By the time we got home and they got ready to leave it was 11:30.



Today, I did my typical Sunday routine. I got up and went to church where we had a fantastic service! God truly is amazing and speaks to you right when you need Him most! After church, I went to the parents for our usual Sunday lunch with the family. Mom fixed barbeque porkchops, homemade twice baked potatoes, corn, black eyed peas, rolls, and some of her famous sweet tea! It was a lunch to die for! After we all sat around and caught up on each other's weeks, I left and did my usual Sunday grocery run at Walmart. And yes, I did pick up another one of those soft, long sleeve tees. This time I got the olive green! I can't wait to pair it with my tan Jones New York scarf and my tan boots!
By the time I got home, Kevin was awake. He usually gets up around 2 when he has to work nights so we spent a little time together. He left for work around 5:30 so since then I've been blogging and watching a Cinderella Story. As for the rest of the night, I've got a date with ABC Family and the new Cinderella Story! Can't wait till it comes on at 8!

Hope all of you lovely ladies had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!