7.15.2014

Four Years Ago + A Garage Update

Four years ago Kevin and I signed a million and one papers and closed on the place we'd call home. It's amazing how fast four years has flown by. Check out this picture taken at the attorney's office? Don't we look like a bunch of little teeny boppers? Hard to believe I was just 21 and the hubs (fiance at the time) was just a mere 26.

My hope was to share an updated tour of our home today since the one I shared last year (found here) looks quite a bit different. Over the last year we've done quite a lot of home projects. We've ripped up carpet and installed hardwood floors, taken down wallpaper and painted, added crown molding to new places, gotten new furniture, redecorated a few rooms and various other little projects here and there. We're currently fixing to update our master bedroom and convert Kevin's "man cave" to Harper's playroom. Once those projects are complete I'll give you guys a sneak peek into the current state of our home.

But before I do go I would like to share a project we just completed recently that was sooo unbelievably cheap and super easy. For years I've admired carriage style garage doors and hoped that one day our home could have one too. Unfortunately replacing a perfectly good garage door with another visually appealing one just wasn't in our budget. But in came Pinterest to save the day.

A few weeks ago I just happened to be on Pinterest and one of the very first pins on the page happened to be an easy garage door update with a garage door before picture that looked like mine and an after shot that looked just like what I had envisioned. Intrigued, I clicked on the link and read this article. When I found out I could create the same look for less than $20 I was hooked! A few days later I made a quick trip to Home Depot and picked up this set of black traditional crown bolt hardware for our garage door for less than $19!


My dad was super sweet and swung by to drill these bad boys in for me. It only took him about 30 minutes. The back of the box offers several different options for looks as well as installation directions for each so it made it a relatively easy process to install.  We went with option 1 for a more traditional look and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. 

Before: 
We took off the window panels last year as you can tell from the next picture! 


After:


1 comment:

  1. You made your garage look SO good with that hardware! Amazing how a simple thing can change the whole look! :)

    Bridgette
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!