7.17.2014

An Afternoon Date

Well ladies, it's my Friday! I mentioned earlier in the week that I was returning to work for the next two weeks to teach summer school and I'm happy to report that I'm halfway there. Summer school in our county runs from 7:45-1:00 each day and is only from Monday-Thursday. It's nice to have Fridays off to get my house straight. You can best believe that's what I'll be doing all day tomorrow. I'd be embarrassed for anyone to see the current state of my house right now. I'm just trying to keep it real. It's looking rather rough ladies.

Yesterday afternoon when I returned home from work the hubby and I headed to Greensboro for an afternoon date. Over the last few weeks with me being on summer vacation it's allowed us to go somewhere once a week for a "day date" while the babe is at daycare for a few hours. It's been a lot of fun hanging out just the two of us! We usually catch lunch at a nice restaurant and catch a movie, take a walk, hang around the house, grab some ice cream or doughnuts, etc. With me working this week it's put a little dent into our plans so Kevin had prearranged for his mom to pick up Harper from daycare so we could have an afternoon to ourselves.

While Harp was at the park playing with her grandma, Kevin and I did a little shopping. We picked up a few things for our beach trip in a few weeks and I grabbed a few things for my classroom. Afterwards we headed to Texas Roadhouse for a steak dinner. Their steaks are hands down the best ever! Take my word for it and go get you one with extra seasoning (;


When dinner was over Kevin took me to Swoozies to get my new Lilly Pulitzer planner. I saw the tusks in the sun pattern a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. I've been dying for it's new release and Kevin was thoughtful enough to take me to get it since they were in stock there. Though I'm not going to lie... I spent fifteen minutes debating between it and the most adorable black and white stripe Kate spade planner. I loved the simplicity of the black, white, and gold and it went great with my new classroom theme but in the end the elephants won me over. They're my favorite animal of all time!


We got home shortly after 6 and took the dog for a walk. With Harper around he doesn't get as much attention these days. By the time we finished walking the neighborhood my mother-in-law had returned with Harp. She was anxious to see us. She shared a few hugs then wanted to go outside. We hung outside for an hour or so and let her ride around in her Cozy Coupe that she got for her birthday. She's obsessed with climbing in and out of it! By the time it was getting dark we had to force her to go inside and she wasn't happy about it and was quick to let us know it. But the sight of bubbles on the kitchen counter changed her mind quickly! It's most definitely the little things in life!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!