Weekend Recap

Well ladies, we're back to another Monday which means I have another weekend review for you all. It seems like only yesterday I was sitting down to write last week's recap. How'd that happen? Time is flying by I tell you. Can you believe Halloween is less than two weeks away? Then there's Thanksgiving and Christmas just right around the corner. Eeeeek! I really need to get on my Christmas shopping but that's a topic for another time. So on to the weekend...

Our Friday went down just like they always do. I came home from work, did a little laundry and cleaning up, then headed out to pick up Harper. For dinner, we all met my parents for some homestyle vegetables at a local restaurant. By 10 o'clock, everyone in the Holt household was back home, in bed, and calling it a night. 

Saturday morning I was up at the crack of dawn. While Harper slept I got ready, finished up some laundry, and finished up a book on my kindle all before 9 o'clock. The things you can accomplish without a toddler tugging on your sleeves or climbing on top of you. But don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade if for anything in the world. By the time Harper was up, dressed, and fed we were out the door and on our way to my parents' house. The school I teach at was having a fall festival which meant I had to work for the day. Thankfully my parents volunteered to watch Harper for part of the morning while I worked my shift and Kevin worked another twelve hour shift at his job. Shortly before noon my parents brought Harper to me at the festival and she got to partake in some of the fun and festivities. Yet another thing we can mark off of our fall bucket list even though the hubs didn't get to participate. 

We left the fall festival shortly after 1 o'clock, swung by a Wendy's drive thru then headed home since it was Harper's nap time. By the time we pulled in the driveway Harper was fast asleep. I carried her upstairs, put her in her bed, and expected her to be up in about an hour or so. Much to my surprise she slept for three and a half hours which left me some time to curl up on the couch with another book. Not even going to lie, the feeling was amazing. Harper woke up shortly after 5 o'clock. By the time she ate a snack and we read some of her favorite books, the hubby was back home again. He changed clothes, spent a little time with us girls, then we loaded up and headed to his parents' house. His mom had volunteered to watch Harper for the evening while his dad worked so that we could grab dinner and run errands without a toddler in tow. 

Kevin had to work Sunday as well so we got up early and took him breakfast. After breakfast we swung back by the house, changed clothes, then headed out the door for church. Of course after church we did the usual lunch thing with my parents and siblings and were back home by 3 o'clock. While Harper napped I tidied up some more and worked on some blog posts for the week. 

We finished off our weekend at home with some family and friends and a movie on the television while we all devoured some chocolate chip cookies. Perfect way to end a weekend in my book if I say so myself (: 

1 comment:

  1. her little jacket is so cute! I can't believe how fast time is flying by this year.


Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!