10.10.2014

{Link Up} A Productive Week

Happy Friday girls! Unlike most weeks these days, this week has flown by. We've accomplished quite a few things this week in the Holt household. We've marked off some items on our to-do lists and crossed off a few things from our fall bucket list. Speaking of fall bucket lists, I'll be sharing about ours next Tuesday so check back then. Instead of giving you the full run down of our week, let me share a few of my favorite things that have happened thus far for my Five for Friday and Oh Hey, Friday link-ups.

Dixie Classic Fair 
Monday my students and I took our first field trip of the school year. We went to the Dixie Classic Fair which is by far my favorite fair around. It happened to be school day so everyone got in free. Kevin and I go every year and we have plans to go this weekend if the weather cooperates. If not, at least I already got to go once and indulge in all the deliciousness of the fried foods! Who doesn't go to the fair for the food?! I mean, I know I can't say no to these blooming onions.


Pumpkin Patch
One of the items on our family's fall bucket list is to take Harper to a pumpkin patch. Our intention was to take her to a local farm to pick out her first pumpkin but it just so happened that our church is currently doing a pumpkin fundraiser so on Monday we allowed Harper to wonder around and choose her first one. It was the cutest darn thing watching her try to decide. I took about a million and one photos and I'll share more of them next week but for now, here's one of my favorites.


Half-Days at Work
Wednesday was our first teacher workday of the year. Since I was pretty much caught up with all of my lesson planning for the next month or so, my papers were all graded, and my classroom was relatively straight and in order, I decided to take a half day off. I met the hubs for lunch at one of my favorite hometown hangouts where we grabbed some fried chicken and home cooked vegetables. After lunch I headed home and got to work on cleaning our house. A task that has been put off far too long due to the hubs working every weekend and me being with Harper every moment I'm off. With the Hubs being busy and Harper at daycare, I can't even begin to tell you how much I got done. I cleaned our kitchen, packed away Harper's bottles and beginner sippy cups, dusted furniture and vacuumed, cleaned bathrooms, did five or more loads of laundry, cleaned out my closet, and took some stuff to Goodwill. I mean seriously! I forgot how much you could get done with no husband or babies around. It was glorious and for the first time in a long time, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulder.

A Clean Car
Along with my half-day on Wednesday, some other exciting things happened! I finally got my car cleaned. Ladies, that baby hasn't had a bath in months. It was seriously embarrassing. When I went to pick up my car from the detail shop, I nearly didn't recognize it. I completely forgot that my car looks almost black when it's clean instead of navy. For the past six months it's looked gray from all the dirt and grime that's been accumulating on it because I just haven't had time to call and set up an appointment. Can I just say that that was by far the best $45 I have spent all week!

Happy Mail Days
I had another happy mail day this week. My Zara look alike scarf arrived in the mail earlier this week and I couldn't be more excited about the fall weather that is to come. I'm anxiously awaiting the days that it's cool enough to wear it. If you've been on the look out for the Zara blanket scarf and don't want to fork out a pretty penny for one, go grab this one on Ebay for just $12,99 (shipping included!). I was very impressed with the overall quality of it. It's just as nice as the real deal :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!