9.04.2014

{Weekend Recap} Labor Day

Well it's Thursday and I'm just now sitting down to write about our weekend when another is just around the corner. For this to be a short week, it sure hasn't felt like it. But for me, short weeks are always faster paced probably because I'm trying to cram five days into four. Is it just the teacher in me or do all you ladies feel the same? At least Harp's with me!


Our Labor Day weekend was perfect and just what we needed. Friday as soon as all the kiddos were gone, the school secretary announced that they were "paving the parking lot". This just so happens to be the code that you can go home early and not wait until our usual dismissal time of 3:30. Thank you long weekend! After laying out all of my stuff for Tuesday, tidying up my classroom, and gathering my things I headed out the door. Unfortunately as much as I wanted to go home, I had a doctor's appointment that was calling my name. As I mentioned last week I came down with this random sickness that left me feeling like I had the flu yet I wasn't actually sick on my stomach. As a precaution since it was a long weekend I made a doctor's appointment to be sure there wasn't anything major wrong. Thankfully I did because apparently I had a serious throat infection... yet, my throat didn't even hurt. Weird?!

After my doctor's appointment I headed to my in-laws to pick up Harper doodle. My mother-in-law was kind enough to pick her up in case my appointment ran over. We spent the evening there until it was time for dinner. Since we weren't going to do dinner with the Friday night gang being a holiday and all, we hit up a local restaurant with my sister and her family for breakfast for dinner.

Saturday Kevin had to work so my sister, Harper, and I headed to the Tanger outlets to do some fall shopping. The stores were running some good buys but I didn't end up with a whole lot. I scored some long sleeve shirts from Gap for $10 each and picked up Harper a pair of jeans and a couple of shirts. On the way home we grabbed lunch at Texas Roadhouse, one of mine and Harp's favorite restaurants. Then made a quick Old Navy, Ross, & TJ Maxx run where I found absolutely nothing. Oh well. More money in my pocket.

Sunday morning we headed to my parents' place at Belews Lake for a cookout. Following lunch we headed out for a day on the water while Harper was spoiled rotten by her grandparents and great uncle and aunts back at the house. Despite how crowded the lake was, the water was still relatively smooth so it made for a great day of wake boarding and wake skating.







We ended our Sunday with another cook out at Kevin's great uncle and aunt's farm. Unfortunately it got darker faster than our last visit so Harper didn't get to go on a trail ride or visit the animals. I'm pretty sure she was disappointed!

Thankfully the hubs had the day off on Monday so he volunteered to watch Harper while I ran some errands early Monday morning. I hit up Target, Marshalls, Old Navy, and Sam's Club. By the time I was finished it was lunch time so I swung by Chick-fil-a to grab us some lunch and headed home. As soon as I walked in the door and Harper saw the food bag she threw a fit. The kid loves their waffle fries and chicken nuggets. Needless to say, her food was gone long before my lunch.



After lunch we took Harper to the park to swing and ride the slide. Usually we spend an hour or so there but it was just too hot and humid so we only made it a bout thirty minutes before Harper wasn't having fun anymore. As soon as the fussiness began, we knew our time was up. We packed up the car and rolled out.
Not long after getting back home, Kevin's brother, Bryan, and his girlfriend, Brooke, showed up. They ended up spending the rest of the day with us. We watched the new Captain America movie, chowed down on some fettucini alfredo, and sat around chatting with each other long into the night. By the time they left and we locked up the house, it was hours past my bedtime but the lack of sleep was totally worth it.

Here's to hoping this coming weekend is just as grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!