9.24.2014

Weekend Recap

It's Wednesday and I'm just now making my way over to this little corner of my world to share our weekend. I probably should have shared it earlier in the week but with all the excitement of it being fall and all, I just couldn't bring myself to sharing my weekend before sharing my favorite fall fashions. You can find that post here from yesterday if you haven't already checked it out. Let me know what some of your favorite fall fashions are this year if you haven't already!

Now on to our weekend...

Friday I left work shortly after 4:30, made my way home to grab the hubs (who was off for a change!), then headed to pick up Harper doodle from daycare. Upon picking her up, we skipped out on heading back to the house and decided to head on over to my parents' house. When we arrived my dad was in the back cutting the grass so we took Harper to him to catch a ride on the lawnmower... which just so happens to be one of her favorite outdoor activities. Though unlike usual, her ride was short lived. As soon as they made their way around the house, Harper caught sight of my mom in the kitchen and immediately wanted down... only because she saw Nana with some stick cheese. The kid is seriously addicted to it! After Harper had her snack and Dad finished mowing the yard, we made our way to Virginia to grab dinner at Clarence's. It's a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant that specializes in seafood and homemade veggies. Weird combination I know but their food is delish and definitely worth the drive. 

Saturday morning Harper and I met up with my parents at our favorite breakfast spot while the hubs pulled another 12 hour day. Following breakfast we swung by Belks to look for a few fall outfits for Harper but left empty-handed. Our next stop was to head to a local greenhouse but on our way my best friend messaged me and said she was in town... about one mile from where I was at at the time. Needless to say, I ventured her direction and Harper and I popped into the nail salon where she was at to say hello. We hung around for about fifteen minutes then headed off again to meet my parents at the greenhouse. We grabbed some mums and a pumpkin for the front porch while Harper ran around the place. I think she was overwhelmed by all of the colorful flowers but she definitely was intrigued by the place. I couldn't not grab a picture of her in the midst of it all!



Shortly after lunch I took Harper to my in-laws so I could get some cleaning done. With the hubs working so many weekends in a row the house chores have been piling up. Thankfully my mother-in-law was so gracious to watch Harper for the day so I could knock a few things off my to-do list. By the time the hubs got home shortly after 6, I'd managed to clean most of the house, do a few loads of laundry, and even reorganize a few drawers in the kitchen. My in-laws brought Harper back to the house shortly after 6:30.  We had dinner at home then headed to a local ice cream joint for dessert. Before heading home we road over to my parents' house to pick up a movie. But by the time we got home, we were so tired and worn out that we hit the freshly-cleaned sheets early and called it a night. 

Sunday morning my siblings and I sent my parents on a trip to Charleston for their upcoming 45th wedding anniversary. As much as I was excited about sending them on a little get away it made me sad to be missing our usual Sunday routine of church and lunch with the family. Since my parents wouldn't be at church, Harper and I opted for a day at home and a sermon online. Around lunchtime we swung by the Wendy's drive thru, grabbed a few combos, and headed to have lunch with the hubs which was a nice little treat since it's about the only quality time we'll have together for another week or so with his crazy work schedule. 



When Kevin's lunchtime was over, Harper and I headed to Target to grab a few groceries. Unfortunately it was Harper's nap time and I ended up carrying her around the store while she napped on my shoulder. You can only imagine the struggle of carrying a 20-pound toddler while pushing a full buggy one-handed. I'm sure we made quite the sight (;

We ended our weekend with Taco Bell take out (which happened to be free thanks to the car in front who paid it forward by taking care of our dinner... such a nice gesture!) and the movie Blended with our siblings. The movie was hilarious and actually pretty clean for a change. If you haven't seen it I'd highly recommend it! 

Hope your weekend was just as splendid and that your week is going swell!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!