9.17.2014

A Date Night for Two

Last night the hubs and I had an impromptu date night and it was nothing short of amazing. Since the hubs is having surgery this morning  and will be out of commission for a little while, he arranged for his parents to look after Harper last night so that we could have an evening just the two of us. He's seriously amazing and sometimes I forget just how lucky I am to have snagged this man. At times he can blow me away with his thoughtfulness.

I arrived home later than usual yesterday afternoon because I went and had my hair chopped off (more on that Friday!) and it took longer than I had expected. But when I got home the hubs was dressed in his best and was waiting for  me. I did a little fixing up of my outfit so I'd be a bit more presentable and then we were out the door. For dinner we headed to Texas Roadhouse, one of our all time favorite places. Their steaks and homemade ranch dressing always hit the spot. We spent an extra long time at the restaurant just chatting away even long after our plates had been cleared. It reminded me so much of when we were dating. And let me just say, it was nice. It was nice to be free from distractions, free of cell phones, free of a toddler throwing food on the floor and reaching for more, and free from the cares of the world. So often we don't get to experience those freedoms but when we do, it's precious and we do our best to soak them up.



Following dinner we made a Target run, as we always do. Who can say no to Target? We picked up a few groceries and of course a few things for Harp. By the time we got back home it was well after 10 o'clock and Harp had long been in bed. We soaked up sights of our little girl sleeping in her bed, kissed her good night, then thanked the good Lord above for the little family he's given us! There's no other people I'd want to go through life with! 

Happy Wednesday ladies! If you get a chance, say a little prayer for the hubs today! 


1 comment:

  1. Praying your husband's surgery went well today! I am so glad you got a night of just the 2 of you! My son is 9 months old and we still haven't left him to go on a date with just the two of us yet! But I imagine a date of just us 2 would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!