9.16.2014

Weekend Recap

Happy Tuesday ladies! I hope your Monday went well and your weeks are starting off great. Our week is definitely in full gear and it started out with a bang, Yesterday afternoon, I ended up with the beginning of a migraine and the hubs locked his keys in the car while at the gym. Needless to say our Monday night ended with a take out pizza and an early bedtime. But it seemed to do the trick as our Tuesday is starting out great. So on to the weekend...

We had a pretty exciting and fun-filled weekend. Friday my mother-in-law picked up Harper doodle from daycare so I could stay at work late and prepare for this week. I ended up working till 5:30 which was by no means my intention but in the end it felt great to be well prepared and caught up on everything. After picking up Harper I headed home to meet the hubs for when he arrived home from work. After we all changed into warmer clothes, we headed downtown to meet my parents for dinner at a local cafe and walk the streets for the local cruise-in. Something we enjoy doing the second Friday of every summer month.


Saturday morning Harper and I met my parents for breakfast at our usual spot while the hubs pulled another weekend shift (something he'll be doing for the next seven weekends!). It was a cold and rainy morning so we broke out some of Harper's new outfits and rainboots. Her outfit was just too cute not to document (;

Around lunchtime, Olivia, one of my lifelong friends, arrived from Wilmington to spend the day with Harper and me. While Harper napped we caught up on what had been happening in her life with a new job, new home, and an upcoming wedding. All such exciting things! By the time Harper was up we were starving so we loaded up the car and headed to Greensboro to grab some lunch at McAlister's deli.


After which we did some shopping for some fall decor. This time I happened to get lucky and grabbed a few cute chalkboard baskets at Michaels for less than $25, a Nate Berkus tray from Target for $8, and a cute elephant printed rocking chair for Harper for $50 at Homegoods. All good finds if I say so myself (; By the time we got back home it was after 7 and Olivia had to hit the road to get back to Wilmington by a reasonable hour. It made me sad to see her go but I know we'll be getting together again asap so it helped matters.

To end the night we grabbed Japanese with Brooke and Bryan (Kevin's brother and his girlfriend) and ended up in bed long before 10 o'clock!

Sunday we did our usual thing. Harper and I went to church with my family while the hubs worked. After which we headed to Mom and Dad's for Sunday lunch and spent the evening there until it was time to meet the hubs at home. The rest of our night was spent spoiled Harper, straightening up, and preparing for another week.

All in all, here's to hoping next weekend is just as fun (:


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! Harper is just so cute in those rain boots! And I love those spuds from McCalisters!!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!