11.27.2014

Thankful. Grateful. Blessed

Those three words sum up my feelings today and everyday. God has blessed me with so much in my life that I can't thank him enough. On this day of thanks, I thought I'd share the things I'm most thankful and grateful for.

One. First and foremost I'm thankful for my relationship with Jesus. Without him, I'd be nothing. He has a love for me unlike any other. If you don't have a relationship with him, I challenge you to consider it today.

Two. Kevin. My husband. My best friend. My constant companion. I couldn't imagine going through life with any one else by my side. Our marriage is by no means perfect but not a day goes by that he doesn't make me laugh or make me feel loved.

Three. Our little Harper doodle. I never knew I could love a person so much. She has changed our lives in so many ways. Some days I barely remember what life was like before her but I don't think it could have possibly been as much fun. She brings so much joy and laughter to our lives.

Four. My amazing parents who are celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary on this very Thanksgiving day. They taught me what true love looks like. They raised my siblings and I to know about Jesus. They always sacrificed so we could have a life better than the one they had. And they always, always invested time in my life and my siblings lives. I can't remember a single awards day or sporting event that I looked into the audience and didn't see one of them there.

Five. My siblings. We may argue and fight with each other but at the end of the day, I know I couldn't make it in life without them. They mean the world to me.

Six. My in-laws. I'm so thankful to have a mother and father in law who treat me as one of their own. I can always count on them to do anything I need be it running to the grocery store or watching Harp for me to get some things done at the house. I'm also incredibly grateful for an amazing brother-in-law that's more or less one of my best friends.

Seven. My friends. Between Kevin and I we have a ton of friends that are more like family. I cherish the memories and laughs shared with each and every one of them. And that goes for all of you my dear blog friends!

Eight. My home. I'm constantly wanting to change this and that about our home and sometimes I just want to throw our house on the market and build the house I really want. But in reality, we have a beautiful house that serves it's purpose. It's a home. A place where we share meals, gather with family and friends, and make lasting memories.

Nine. My job. I may not talk about it often on this little piece of my world but I love my job. I love my coworkers. And I love the twenty one little babies who come into my room everyday and look to me not only as their teacher but as their friend, counselor, mentor,nurse, and sometimes even their mom.

Ten. Mine and my family's health. We've been to the doctor more this year than any in the past but each and every time it's been for a simple fix. Strep throat here, an ear infection there. All things that can easily be fixed with a quick antibiotic. I'm so thankful that we've yet to had to face a major medical crisis not only in my little family but in my extended family as well. There is no cancer, heart attacks, or any of the such in our whole family and that is by far something to praise God and be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!