When I started this little blog of mine four years ago, it was just intended to be a little space I could document our memories before I forgot about them. I never anticipated that four years later, I'd have formed friendships with ladies all over the world that I don't even "really" know. So often I find myself telling the hubs at dinner about my "blog friends" and your little families. Of course, he finds it funny that I know so much about you ladies and I've never actually met you. But for some of you girls, I feel like I've known you my whole life even though we've never met in person. I laugh with you, cry with you, and pray for you through reading your posts daily. Each of you ladies are a true blessing and inspiration to me and I thank you for taking the time to pop over to my blog every now and then.
Over the last year, many new faces have wondered over to my little space and I've never really gotten around to introducing myself to you all properly. So on this beautiful Wednesday, I'd like to take the time to welcome you as well as to share some things about me that you may not know from reading about the in's and out's of our lives in the Holt household. So sit back, relax, and stay a little while while I share some random tidbits about me!
You might not know...
- I'm 25 years old. I got married when I was 22 and became a mom at 24. Seems young to most but I wouldn't have it any other way.
- I've been teaching third grade for the last four years.
- Despite that I love my job as a teacher, sometimes I wish I was an interior designer.
- Clean and organized spaces make my heart happy. If they aren't clean and organized, they make me extremely stressed out.
- I'm a planner and a list maker.
- My biggest pet peeve is people not being on time. Time is valuable and is one of the only things you can never get back. So I don't take kindly to people wasting it.
- I prefer salty over sweet. This girl will take french fries and mozzarella sticks over cookies and ice cream any day.
- I'm related to the Wright Brothers. That said, I've also been known to fly a plane or two myself. I just never continued on with my pilot's license since college, marriage, and parenthood got in the way.
- I always buy note cards from Target's dollar bin yet I never send them because they're too pretty to part with.
- I hate coffee. Like seriously, it makes me gag. But I'm totally not beneath grabbing a vanilla bean frappucino from Starbucks almost everyday.
- I never pay full price for an item unless it's already at a discount store like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Homegoods, etc. What's the point when it'll be on sale in no time?
- I love to read but I only read romance novels.
- I watch exactly two shows religiously. Mistresses in the summer and my new found favorite, How to Get Away with Murder. Otherwise, I only turn on the televison to catch a Hallmark movie... or two.
- The one thing I wish I could change about my body is not my weight nor my height. It's my hair. I have naturally curly hair but my top layer is straight which results in my hair always being one of those "bad hair days". No matter how hard I try to straighten it or curl it, it never looks how I want.
Well that's my list of random things you might not know about me. What's there to know about you? (: