11.09.2011

{Recipes}: Easy Cheesy Lasagna

As you all know, I could eat Italian ALL day long! My stomach is growling just thinking about all the different choices I have when Italian is on the menu. There's fettucine alfredo, spaghetti, stromboli's, pizza and then there's my favorite... LASAGNA! Lasagna is one of my all time favorite Italian dishes. I love it with all of its cheeses! So since Kevin and I have gotten married I have only tried like five different lasagna recipes but none of them were quite right in my book. But I finally found a recipe and tweaked it enough that I think it is absolutely scrumptious! And better yet... it is super fast and easy to fix! And a girl like me that works for ever and a day, tries to work out and keep tan, and spend time with my family... well, time is of the essence! So I figured I'd share the recipe with my readers! You should try it but let me warn you... If you're on a diet... you won't be for long! 

What you need:
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 24 oz. and 1 16 oz. jar of traditional spaghetti sauce
  • 32 ounces cottage cheese
  • 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 teaspoons dried parsley
  • salt to taste
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • 9 lasagna noodles
  • 1/2 cup water

Directions:
  1. In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef. Drain the grease. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, the grated Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt and ground black pepper.
  3. To assemble, in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish evenly spread part of the sauce mixture until you can't see the bottom of the dish. Cover with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1 3/4 cup of the cheese mixture, and 1/4 cup sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with 3 noodles, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Add a few tablespoons of water to each edge of the casserole dish so the noodles don't dry out. Cover with aluminum foil.
  4. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!