Weekend Recap

Is tomorrow seriously Monday? Have I mentioned before how much I HATE Mondays...with a passion?! Ughhhh. Here's to hoping for lots of snow tonight and a delay or cancel in the morning!

Since Kevin had to work Friday night, Brittni asked for me to come keep her company at her school's art show. I figured I had nothing better to do and since she always comes and keeps me company, it was time I paid her back. So I got myself together (in bum clothes!) and headed to RCC. Little did I know this was the All County Art Show and every school in the county was represented. So yes, you guessed it! While there, wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and old shoes, I ran into lots of students and parents from my school. I was quite embarassed! But hey, it was a Friday night and I was ready to be comfortable. 

After the art show, Brittni and I headed to Santana's to meet her family for her uncle's birthday party. It was the first time I had met all of her family but I felt like I fit in. Her family had me cracking up with all of their jokes. I felt like I was sitting with my own crazy family. 

When we left, we headed to Ruby Tuesday to meet up with the guy Brittni is seeing and some of his friends. They were hanging out at the bar watching the game. We spent a couple hours there talking with them until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and we had to leave. By the time I got home, I CRASHED!

The husband surprised me by bringing breakfast home on Saturday morning so I woke up around 6:15. We ate together (something we don't do much of these days) and caught up on each other's weeks. Around 7am we headed back to bed. I didn't think I'd be able to go back to sleep but apparently my body was still exhausted and I fell back asleep only to wake up at 9:30! Something I never do! Having slept that long, I felt sick when I woke up so I decided to lay around and do nothing.

Around noon, I started getting hungry so I decided to head up town and grab a Pete's burger. If you've never been to Pete's and you live in the area... Shame on you! You have no idea what you're missing. You're talking about the best burger you've ever had in your life! Mmmm mmm good! Nothing can ever touch it! Anyways, back to the task on hand.  As I waited in line for my food, I got this random idea to head to Danville and do a little shopping. Mind you, I had not showered and was wearing the very shirt I slept in and with the pair of jeans I wore the night before. But figuring Kev would sleep till 3:30 and I'd have to be sitting around the house making no noise, I talked myself into going. And boy am I glad I went! I picked up some awesome finds!

New pillows for the bonus room!

Khaki Calvin Klein cropped pants

White Oxford

Denim dress (It looks black in the picture though!)

Loved the beading... I have sandals that match perfectly!

Navy Summer Dress

I loved the floral applique!

While in Danville, I made a trip to Target to price some items for the many projects I have in mind for the house. I found so many things that I liked that it took me nearly an hour just to price it all! But when I left I was so excited and anxious to get home and share all of my ideas with Kevin! 

About the time I arrived home, my future sister-in-law called and asked me what my plans were for the evening. I told her I planned to clean the house, organize some stuff, and clean out my closet. (I don't know about you but when I get in a decorating mood, I also get in a clean freak mode!). When I asked her what her plans were she said she wanted to go do something since it was the first Saturday in forever that she'd gotten off before 9 and of all Saturdays, the biggest game of the year was on so my brother-in-law had plans to watch the game with his buddies. I felt bad, so I told her to come on over and we'd do something. So I postponed my plans and got myself in the shower...finally!

When we left my house, we had no idea what our intentions were for the evening. Somehow, after riding around, we ended up in Danville again! Neither of us were hungry at the time, so we messed around at the mall for a while and then headed to Olive Garden for dinner. It was delicious! We had a blast! Though I must admit, betweeen our conversations, I was continuously checking ESPN mobile for the score of the big game. Go Heels!

When Brooke dropped me off shortly after eleven, I headed straight upstairs and went to spend some quality time with my pillow (:

This morning, Kevin woke me up when he got home from work and we laid in bed and talked for a while. Around 7, I fell back asleep. I figured I'd wake up around 8 so I didn't bother to set my alarm. Little did I know how wrong I was. When I finally woke up to Rimshot attacking me with kisses, I rolled over to see 10:07 glaring at me on the clock. I shot out of bed like a firecracker on the fourth of July! I had to be at church by eleven so I was rushing like a chicken with my head cut off! But it paid off and I made it to church by the time the announcements started rolling on the projector screens. 

The service we had this morning was indescribable. Bill and Oksana Brower, two missionaries to the Ukraine, shared about their ministry overseas. The two of them focus on ministering to orphans. The stories they shared were overwhelming and heartbreaking. I felt extremely blessed to have been born to two wonderful parents who made sure my siblings and I had all of our needs met, that showed us love everyday, and that made sure we were always happy and healthy. As the service neared an end, our Pastor reminded the congregation that we'd be taking a mission's trip to the Ukraine in January. As soon as I got home, I talked to Kevin about it. He is all for it! So it looks like maybe next January, we'll be overseas loving on all of those precious babies that have no families. I pray that this is something God has in store for us and will open the doors for us to go with my church.

After church, I headed to Mom and Dad's for our usual Sunday lunch. My birthday is this coming Tuesday so Mom had a cake made for the occasion. It was yummy. I brought half of it home and now, there is only about a fourth of it left thanks to my hubby! 

After an early dinner, I started cleaning the house. I feel pretty productive. I reorganized our bathroom's linen closet, organized our bathroom cabinets and drawers, cleaned the bathroom, swept, scrubbed the floors (by hand!), and caught up on some laundry. 

Now, here I am, blogging before going to bed. And I can tell by the way my eyes feel that I'll be calling it a night in a few minutes. So with that said, good night ladies and hope you're weekend was great! 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Now I am craving Petes!! I might have to get a burger when I come home this weekend(:


Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!