3.10.2012

My 23rd Birthday


As you all know from earlier posts this week, I celebrated my 23rd birthday this past Tuesday. The first word that came to my mind on Tuesday morning was WHOA! It's all so surreal to me that I am 23! I can still remember my 13th birthday as if it was yesterday. It is so hard for me to believe that that was TEN years ago! It also seems hard to believe that it's been two years since Kevin threw me a surprise 21st birthday party. I can remember both parties with amazing clarity and details. It's funny how time flies but memories don't always change. However, this is one birthday I hope my memories can change because it was rather interesting to say the least.

My actual birthday was amazing. I wasn't sure how it would turn out since the husband had to work but thanks to one of my amazing best friends, I didn't have to spend it alone. Rather than sitting at home pigging out on a sandwich for my birthday, Brittni came and picked me up and took me to Kings Inn Pizza where we devoured a pepperoni pizza and one of their homemade salads... complete with their homemade ranch dressing of course! After dinner we headed back to my house where Brittni surprised me with yummy cupcakes from the bakery. They were sooo good and ordered exactly to my liking... chocolate with whipped vanilla icing and sprinkles :P

Since the husband had to work on my birthday, we made plans to go out the next night. But when Wednesday rolled around, the hubby told me he was too tired to go to Greensboro or Danville. I understood because the first night of him coming off of 12 hour shifts is the hardest for him so I told him we could just have dinner at Monterreys and curl up in bed and watch a movie. So that is exactly what we did!  I got my delicious mexican for supper AND my cuddle session while watching The Help. Before going to bed, Kevin told me to plan on us going Thursday out for my brithday just me and him regardless of what we'd done that night. He also told me, he'd take me to get my birthday present... my ladder shelf! 

All day long, I was so anxious for my work day to end. I could not wait for another date night with the hubstir. On top of that, I was super excited to be getting my ladder shelf for my kitchen! But at 1:15, Kevin text me with the news that he had just found out they had softball practice at six o'clock so once again we would have to postpone my birthday celebration. I'm not going to lie, I was very irritated and I made sure Kevin knew it! I started throwing my typical fit and let him know that I felt like I was being put on the backburner so he could play ball. I even tried the "if I had plans with you and something came up, you'd be mad at me" card. I made him feel bad but regardless, he still went to practice. I have to admit, I wasn't angry with Kevin that he cancelled our plans because he wasn't the coach so how was he to know they were going to have a last minute practice; that wasn't his fault. I was just disappointed and hurt that things hadn't gone how I had planned (I'm very much a planner!) and I took it out on him. Unfortunately, by the time he got home, I was exhausted and in bed so I didn't get to apologize.

Last night Kevin and I had reservations for dinner at Steaks on the Square to celebrate my birthday with the group. I had every intention of apologizing to Kevin before leaving for dinner but I was running late and by the time I got home, it was time to go. I decided that after dinner, we'd sit down and talk. Little did I know, apologizing to Kevin would be the least of my worries!

When we arrived at the restaurant, the hostess told us that they had made a mistake and had written our reservations down for Saturday instead of Friday so we'd have to wait for a bit. We didn't mind so we all grabbed a seat in the waiting area and sat and talked. As we all sat talking about our weeks I tried talking to Kevin's mom and she never answered me. Thinking she just hadn't heard me, I tried again. Yet, still no response. I thought it was strange but then I thought maybe Kevin had told her I was mad at him since I hadn't apologized so maybe she didn't feel comfortable talking to me. So I just started talking to Emily instead.

When we were finally all sitting, I leaned over and whispered to my sister in law about what had happened and she told me she didn't think that was it. I asked her what else it could be and she proceeded to tell me that someone in Kevin's family had called his mother and told her I had posted something inappropriate on Kevin's fb page. Having no clue what she was talking about, I quickly went to Kevin's page. The only comment I had made all year long said "thank you for cleaning the house and doing the dishes for me this week. I guess you can be sweet when you want to be :P I love you! See you in the morning!". I was shocked at how this could be misconstrued but apparently someone took it as that I was making out like my husband never did anything... which is untrue. Needless to say, I was very upset by this news that Kevin's family thought I would do something like this and in turn, my mother in law would be upset with me. So I did the most embarrassing thing! I sat and bawled my eyes out at the table in front of the whole restaurant. Immediately, Kevin kept asking me what was wrong! Because his mother was sitting beside him, it was awkward and I couldn't explain to him then. But when we finally left, I told Kevin about what had happened. Thankfully, he was completely on my side and said he didn't understand how that got misconstrued because he could see I was bragging on him and he told me not to worry. Hard to do when your in-laws are upset with you! But regardless, I tried and eventually after many of the husband's retarded jokes and him trying to tickle the life out of me to get a smile on my face, I finally tried to have a better night. But before going to bed, I prayed and prayed that God would let me forget about this not so amazing part of my birthday! So here's hoping to that happening and that next year will be better!


Regardless of how upset I was at the restaurant, I still managed to get a few photos before leaving so I wanted to share. Please ignore my no make-up look as most of it wore off from trying to wipe tears away!!






And you know I had to share my birthday gifts!



Every spring and fall I purchase a new purse and a few weeks ago, I saw a purse I loved but the style was too large. To my disappointment, the store did not have the color I wanted in the smaller style. But thanks to some amazing people, I got the exact color I wanted in the exact style! I can't wait to carry it! 


I've been dying for this sign to hang in my foyer or hallway!

The hubby took me today to get the matted frames for my hallway pinterest project that I've been dying to start!


And  I got my ladder shelf! Pictures of it coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!