5.09.2012

30 Days of Wedding Memories: Walking Down the Aisle



On the day of my wedding, I kept telling myself over and over that I would NOT cry when walking down the aisle. Up until 5 minutes before I took my journey down the aisle, I thought I was going to be able to carry out that goal. So what happened in that five minutes? Well as I mentioned before the guys got ready on one end of the church and us ladies got ready on the other end. Well, right before the ceremony began, Kevin's best friend, Brian, came down to where I was waiting. He came in, gave me a hug, and told me I looked beautiful and Kevin was so lucky to have found me. After that speech, the tears began falling. I tried to wipe them away quickly so no one would see. As soon as I got myself together, my aunt (our wedding director) told me it was time for me to head down the hallway and meet my dad so he could walk me down the aisle. I gathered my bouquet, took a deep breath, and walked out the fellowship hall doors. As soon as I saw the look on my dad's face, the tears started falling again! After a few more deep breaths, I had it together. Then the music started playing and we walked through those giant doors into the church sanctuary. As I rounded the corner and looked straight down the aisle and caught sight of my handsome groom, I saw the tears streaming down his face. In that moment, I knew it was okay to cry and I didn't hesitate to let the tears fall. I knew my husband felt the same why I did. We were both nervous and anxious but at the same time, we were so happy that the only thing we could get out at the time...were tears!



Me & My first love...My dad

Letting him know he'll always be my first love

Anxious to get in there and see my groom!

Here we go!

Almost there!

We made it!

Daddy giving me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!