10.19.2015

{Weekend Recap} Fall Festivals & Christmas Shopping


The above quote...like for real. I feel like I blinked and this weekend was over. We were on the go all weekend and to be honest, I'm drained. Friday after leaving work, I made a pit stop on my way home to grab a drink and a snack from my parents' house. It's totally one of the perks to passing their house on the way home. haha After chatting with them over homemade sweet tea and Pringles 100 calories pack pizza sticks, I headed back out the door to visit with my aunt and uncle. My cousin passed away last Wednesday and with our little visit to the ER on Thursday night, I didn't make it to the visitation, so I wanted to go sit with my uncle and aunt and let them know I was thinking about them. I had only planned to stay for fifteen minutes or so but by the time I arrived everyone had left them to themselves and I ended up staying with them for over an hour. We talked about everything under the sun and to be quite honest, I don't know who enjoyed it more; them or me. 

When I got home Friday evening, Kevin and I sat down and booked our tickets for three of the upcoming UNC basketball games. We've gone to a game every year since we were married and with two kids soon to be in the picture, we're taking full advantage this season and will be attending a game each month. Happy early Christmas present to me!



Saturday morning, our hometown was hosting it's annual fall festival so Harper and I met up with my sister and made our way to the event while Kevin rested from a long night at work. We browsed the streets, checked out some vendors, then grabbed lunch at a little cafe. Harper decided she'd rather eat in her stroller than at the table and since they had the food in baskets, it worked out. I have to say, I thought she looked pretty stinkin' adorable even if we did get quite a few looks over at our table. haha


After the festival, I headed home and dropped off Harper at the house. My mother in law volunteered to watch Harper until Kevin woke up so that I could attend a hand lettering class my cousin was hosting at Swoozies. The class was awesome and while I don't foresee myself ever being a professional, it was fun to learn how to hand letter. Maybe I'll attempt some crafty looking Christmas cards this year... then again, maybe not. 

After the class, I found myself without a time to be home and no toddler in tow so I did what any mama would do in that situation, I took a little shopping trip for myself! I ended up at Target, Marshalls, and Homegoods and walked away with absolutely nothing. I was as shocked as you are but the freedom to explore by myself without feeding a toddler snacks or trying to make it home by nap time was worth the time and effort. 

By the time I got home, Kevin and Harper were just returning home from another trip to the fall festival where Kevin let Harper ride all sorts of carnival rides they had set up. I nearly melted when Kevin's cousin sent me this photo of Harper riding the miniature ponies. I was reminded how blessed I was to have a hubby who is such a great dad!


We ended our evening with dinner at a local Mexican restaurant and called it a night by 9pm. We just can't hang like we used too. haha

Sunday I woke up with a horrible cold. I'd tossed and turned all night so I decided I'd stick to the house for the day. It wasn't until nearly 11 when I finally got myself up and dressed and by that I mean I literally tossed my hair in a ponytail and threw on some leggings and a sweatshirt. No shower or make up. Keeping it real my friends.

Since we skipped church, we decided to run to Target and take advantage of their toy sale going on right now. Since we weren't too sure of what all Harper was wanting this Christmas, we let her have free range to choose. And can I just say, she did so much better than I expected. I figured when we told her to pick out whatever she wanted, she'd be grabbing everything she saw but that wasn't the case. She took her time walking down aisles and looking at each toy. Every now and then she'd point to an item and say she wanted this one or that one. In the end, we walked away with six new toys that we'll be giving her Christmas morning. The great thing about this age is she won't even remember us getting them today. I mean she hasn't even said anything about them since she picked them out. Not one comment was made when we put them in the car or when we took them out to put them away. Oh how quickly she forgets. The rest of the afternoon was spent at my parents' house for lunch; then we came home to do some cleaning. Cue the excitement. 


After Kevin left for work, my in-laws came over to play with Harper which allowed me time to lay down and rest. I even managed to watch the Hallmark movie I recorded from Saturday night. Score! It ended sometime around 8 and couldn't have been more perfect timing as my in-laws were wrapping their visit up by the time the credits were rolling. Which meant after, Harper and I watched an episode of Paw Patrol and a couple episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, then it was night night time for us both. 


Hope your weekend was just as much fun! Happy Monday!


post signature

23 comments:

  1. that picture on the pony is the cutest! and two trips to target in one weekend sounds like the perfect kind of weekend! Are the toy sales good, I haven't even looked but I might have to check things out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me with Christmas shopping in the title haha! I love that you guys have the tradition of going to basketball games each year – such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does the weekend always fly by SO fast? I swear I blinked and it was over! I love that you let her pick out all of her own toys...it is so great that she won't remember by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the basketball games sound like a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, sounds like y'all had yet another eventful weekend.
    The weekend flew by for me too which sucks because Mondays are a drag.
    Hopefully this weekend comes quickly.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh...your daughter is incredibly darling! I love her style soooo much!

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is so adorable! I love that you guys go to basketball games together... there's so much fun energy at those games !
    Lauren
    www.thefashionistasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was definitely the weekend of fall festivals! Got to go to a food trucks & fire pit one myself at a winery close to my town. Times like those definitely make Friday feel like it was 9 minutes ago. x Nicole | www.changeanddress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter is so cute!! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend.

    -Ruya
    sweetshortandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun weekend! Fall festivals are my absolute favorite. and..wasn't it friday like 9 minutes ago, SERIOUSLY? ):

    Courtney//As We Stumble Along

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weekends always go way too fast and I'm feeling it bad as summer approaches in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun weekend! Your girl is adorable!
    www.kayleighskloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kevin really does seem like such a good daddy!! And I bet Harper is going to be one fabulous big sister!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heyy I grew up in Chapel Hill and my mom is a professor there! GO HEELS!!

    http://thealwaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like you had such a crazy weekend!! Sometimes it's good to get a lot done while also reconnecting with family to feel rejuvenated for the week.

    http://classmeetscouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Time has seriously been passing by so fast all year! 2015 has just flown by. I'm glad you had an awesome weekend though even if it came and went too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like y'all had such a fun weekend! Target runs are my favorite Sunday routines :)

    XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that you are already Christmas shopping! I love that Harper picked them out herself!! Another fun weekend recap!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds like such a fun weekend! Harper is so adorable. I wish I could still wear a big bow like that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love her hair bows! She's adorable! Go Tarheels!
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's so funny that she didn't remember picking out the presents and definitely won't remember by the time Christmas rolls around! And kudos to you for starting shopping this early!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks like you had a great weekend! I spend way too much time and money in Target, so I try not to go too often, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that y'all have made basketball into a tradition! Such fun!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!