10.19.2015

{Baby Holt #2} 5 Months


How Far Along: 21 weeks.

Weight Gain: At this point I've gained about five pounds. Yes, just five pounds. Needless to say, my doctor had some words to share with me at my last visit. Yet, I reminded my doctor that I tend to wait until the end to gain all of my weight so I'm hoping I can hold off gaining excessive weight until at least next month! Because have no fear, I'll have gained 40+ pounds by the end. 

Cravings/ Aversions: I have been craving some sweet tea and pizza! I could seriously eat pizza every.single.day. It's a good thing the husband has spent most of his nights working this month which means he could venture out and expand his dinner menu. However, Harper has been happy to oblige so it works for us girls (: As for aversions, the only thing I can't do is steak. I tried eating just a taste of Kevin's steak recently at dinner and with just one bite I had lost my appetite. 

Exercise: What's that? haha I've come to the conclusion that working out isn't going to happen this pregnancy. But I have been wearing my fitbit each day and have been meeting my daily goals so for that I'm thankful and we'll chalk it up to a win-win. 

Stretch Marks: Not yet. Let's hope it'll stay that way friends.  

Maternity Clothes: I'm still wearing regular clothes but I did manage to break out a few pairs of maternity jeans. I've worn them a time or two but my belly hasn't quite gotten big enough yet to hold them up so on the few occasions I've worn maternity jeans, I've spent most of the time pulling them up over and over which can be rather annoying.  

Wedding Rings On/Off: On

Sleep: I'm still sleeping like a baby. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I am out like a light. One thing has changed since last month and that's that I'm no longer waking up in the middle of the night to go potty. Our little guy apparently decided he no longer liked laying on my bladder. Thank you Jesus!

Movement: Our little guy definitely doesn't move around as much as his big sister did which often leaves me worried. However, each night he reminds me he's still hanging in there. It seems he's going to have his nights and days mixed up! Fingers crossed that we can get that changed before he decides to enter the real world. 

Gender: Boy!

Symptoms: At this point, the only real symptom I've got going on is my growing belly! Nausea has disappeared; I've finally gotten some energy back; and I'm not running to the bathroom every ten minutes. You have no idea how excited these three little things make me! 

Best Moment This Month: We got to see our little man this month when we went in for our anatomy scan. From the looks of everything, he's perfectly healthy. At 19 weeks he was weighing in at just around 9 oz. and was about the size of a small cantaloupe. He's apparently going to be just like his big sister and refused to show us his face but we managed to get a quick sneak peek before he could cross his arms over his face. From that little glimpse, it appears he's going to also look like his big sister. Those Holt genes sure are strong. 

Looking Forward To: Kevin getting to feel our little guy wiggle around in there and working on Boston's nursery!



post signature

12 comments:

  1. Lucky duck! I gained substantially in the beginning and then steadily throughout the rest of my pregnancy. Within the first five weeks of being pregnant (and not knowing it) I gained 7 lbs. I ended up gaining 35 lbs with Sophie, boohoo. I gained like a lb a week!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an exciting update!
    www.kayleighskloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! It's so great that your nausea has subsided, that was the hardest thing for my sister to get over with her second pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet and I love following along with these posts! I'm glad you're no longer nauseous and I hope that your energy stays up!! Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so fun to have these pregnancy memories to look back on. I could eat pizza everyday and I'm not even pregnant...maybe I shouldn't document that though? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on baby number 2! A boy and a girl how exciting!! How sweet is this update - I'm sure it'll be something great to look back on once your little boy is here :)

    Pick Your Beau

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on baby number 2. This is such a great post, something great to look back on and see the various stages you went through. Keep the updates coming...bookmarked you to follow your progress.
    xo

    Sophie

    Smitten Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you. I'm happy you're not as nauseous anymore! Nausea is the absolute worst!!!

    Lauren
    www.thefashionistasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, what a great update! You look great for being half way there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could eat pizza everyday too, but for me, it has nothing to do with being pregnant haha. Yay for having a boy! So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the cutest pregnant lady! I adore your outfit!!! I can't wait to see your darling little boy! He's going to be perfectly perfect.

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, you look so cute! Glad you are feeling good and everything is how it should be :)

    XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!