10.02.2015

{Five on Friday} Rain, Registries, and Bibi's


Can I just mention the fact that it's finally October?! Whoop whoop! October marks the beginning of my favorite part of the year which means from here on out, the rest of the year will be filled with lots of fun! Just think fall festivals, pumpkin patches, bonfires, hot chocolate, nights by the fire, Halloween, Hallmark holiday movies.... so many FUN things.  I can't wait to share them all! But I'll save the rest for another day and get back to today's Five on Friday post.

Rain, Rain, Go Away 
Come again another day! Ya'll I am so tired of rain. It has rained like cats and dogs here in NC since last Friday; yes, a whole week of no sunshine! I am officially at the point of going stir crazy not being able to get outdoors any. We've been cooped up inside here at school as well as at home. I'd like to say it hasn't affected us but you mamas know that just ain't so. The kids are going crazy at school being confined to a twenty by twenty foot room and I can't begin to tell you how this weather has affected my child who wants to spend all of her time outdoors... rain or not. Needless to say, we've had quite a few meltdowns when I've had to be firm and tell my child we are NOT going outside to ride her pink car in the rain. She's let me know her displeasure alright and we've had quite a few afternoons spent in time out. 

Bye Bye Bibi
Due to all the rain we've had and will continue to have throughout the weekend, our fun plans of going to the local fair and visiting the zoo this weekend have been put on hold. Since it appears we'll be spending most of our time at home, I decided this weekend would be the weekend we'd take Harper's best friend and lifeline from her... her pacifier or bibi as she so lovingly refers to it. I've tried just taking it from her cold turkey and that definitely didn't pan out. So since Harper is obsessed with the mailbox here lately, we're going to mail all of her pacifiers this weekend. If she throws a fit at bedtime wanting them, we'll take her back to the mailbox where her pacifiers will have been replaced with a new toy she's been asking for. Fingers crossed this works out friends. I'll give you a recap on Monday! haha
 
Boston's Baby Registry 
Last weekend I started working on a baby registry for our little guy. I wasn't really sure what the protocol is for baby #2 but since so many of my friends registered for their second babies, I figured I would too. Did any of you ladies register for your second babies? Or is that against Southern etiquette? I didn't add too much to the list other than lots and lots of diapers and wipes, a boy patterned rock n play, two new convertible car seats, and a new high chair since Harper still uses hers as a booster seat. If there are other things I need for round 2, please let me know!

A Few Baby Item Purchases 
I knew there were a couple of other items I wanted for Boston such as a double stroller, a mamaroo, and a new diaper bag and this week I happened to practically steal all three of them! I grabbed up this double stroller off of Craigslist for just $50. I also happened to mention I was looking for a mamaroo on a local consignment page on Facebook and a friend of mine messaged me letting me know she was considering selling hers as her son had outgrown it. It had barely been used and looked brand new so I had to take it off her hands. I got it for a fraction of the cost and can not wait for our little guy to get here to use it! As for the diaper bag, I'd been eyeing this new Skip Hop Duet diaper bag for a few weeks now but for $130, I just couldn't think of someone spending that much on it when I'd rather them sink that money into something I could use more often like Boston's car seats. So I did what any bargain shopper does; I started looking for suitable replacements and came across this nearly identical tote with a pouch in the handbag section at Target. It was originally $45 but with the 30% off handbags, shoes, and accessories sale going on right now, I grabbed it up for less than $35! That's a steal ladies! 

Photo Dump
Since it's been a few weeks since I've done a Five on Friday post, I figured I'd drop a few pictures on the blog from the previous few weeks that haven't made it on here yet. 





Hope you ladies have a great weekend! If you missed my other posts this week, you can catch last weekend's recap, the plans for Boston's nursery, and our summer living room tour here

See you ladies Monday!

post signature

18 comments:

  1. You can send the rain our way because I'm sure that'll bring some cooler temps.
    I love October too and am so excited for what's to come this month.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been inside with cozy socks on all week because of all this rain! October is one of my favorite months though!

    Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy it is finally October; October literally represents all of my favorite things. Shopping for a baby is so fun and addicting...my boyfriend's brother and sister in law have a new baby due in a couple months and I can't help wanting to buy every cute baby item for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great mama! And yes rain go away, October is for fall weather and gorgeous leaves.

    liz jo @sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh this rain is the pits!!! Your strategy for taking Harper's bibi sounds like a good one and I'm anxious to hear how it goes!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rain rain go away! It's time for sunshine and jumping into fall leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your weather sentiments- we are just drowning out here! Good luck with the pacifier, I don't have kids but your plan seems very strategic and hopefully will be effective! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little bump is SO cute. I love the name Boston!

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain is such a downer! The weather just cleared up where I am - thank goodness! Good luck with Harper's Bibi this weekend. You have a sound and smart strategy - it can't be easy!

    Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool name! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHHH Baby #2!! so exciting!!! Love the name!

    Savannah @ thealwaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mailbox idea is genius! I hope it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um yes to this rain needing to LEAVE!! It's been raining over a week now here in Charlotte- I hate it!!

    Hope your weekend goes well! <3

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh, it's still over a hundred degrees over here so definitely send some of that rain over! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah so cute!!!! I love following your journey.
    Lauren
    The Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear about all the rain! We haven't seen a drop in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You definitely got a deal on that stroller! It's finally sunny here again it had been dark and gloomy for so long!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  18. It has been raining NONSTOP! Today is the first day in a week that I haven't felt a single raindrop!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!