Weekend Recap

Well it's Monday again and so begins my countdown to Friday. Is it just me or are the weekends flying by too fast? As I sit behind my desk, I can't help but have a sense of deja vu that I was just here only yesterday. Yet that isn't the case considering I've had two days off and they've come and gone. We in the Holt household had a pretty low-key weekend. Nothing too exciting went down but sometimes that's what our little family needs...just a little time for some R & R.

I left work as soon as I could Friday and headed to a doctor's appointment. Earlier last week I was experiencing some dizziness and high blood pressure so I had to get that checked out. Thankfully it was nothing too serious and the two were completely unrelated.

Following my doctor's appointment I decided to swing by Belk and check out their sales while my prescription was being filled. Unlike most visits, I walked out with a bag of items for just myself and no items for Harp or the hubs. I snagged an adorable spring sweater, a quarter-length sleeve tee, and a couple of camisoles for less than $50 and only had a little bit of guilt for buying something for myself. Again it amazes me how much life changes with a baby. Before Harper was born I didn't think twice about buying myself things. Now I spend most of my shopping days perusing baby items and barely give a second glance towards items for myself.

After leaving Belk, I picked up my prescription then headed to my parents' house. They picked up Harper Friday afternoon since I wasn't sure when my doctor's appointment would end. We spent the evening with them since Kevin came over after work. Instead of doing the usual Friday night dinner with the crew, we opted for a breakfast dinner cooked by my Mom. It was a nice change despite that we missed catching up with everyone.

On Saturday, we woke up bright and early. Instead of cooking breakfast Kevin volunteered to go grab us some breakfast from a local breakfast joint in our town called PG's. Considering it's one of my faves, I just couldn't say no to a gravy biscuit and potato wedges. While the hubs was gone Harper and I spent some time reading books. Over the last few weeks she's shown lots of interests in books and this teacher mama couldn't be more proud.

After breakfast Kevin took Harper to his parents to hang out for the morning. While he and Harp spent time at their house I spent the morning at our house cleaning. In an effort to get my spring cleaning underway, I decided to tackle cleaning out my closet and drawers. Two hours later, I had four trash bags of clothes and a trash bag of shoes sitting at the door to take to Goodwill. It felt good to get rid of so much excess. As I stared at all that I'd gotten rid of and all that I still had, I couldn't help but feel blessed that I'm as fortunate as I am.

After tackling the closet, I headed over to Kevin's parents and joined them all for lunch. Kevin's mom made my absolute favorite meal of hers...her famous chicken pot pie, pintos, corn, and mashed potatoes. While I stuffed myself silly Harper helped her papa mow the yard. How cute are they?!

Around 4:30, Kevin left to head to the movies with his dad for a father/son day. Usually I'd have headed back home to spend the rest of the evening playing with Harper but since the evening was still young, I called up my friend Brittni and made plans with her. By 6, Harper, Brittni, and I were heading to Danville. We grabbed some dinner at Olive Garden then did some browsing at Marshalls, Old Navy, and Target. We didn't get back home till close till 10 and by that point I was exhausted and called it a night.

Our Sunday started wayyy too early. Harper has recently hit a growth spurt and with it she has become a human garbage disposal eating anything and everything she can get her hands on. She decided 5am was the perfect time to wake up and let us know she was hungry. Thankfully after she ate, she fell back asleep and crashed until 9am. The extra hours of sleep were perfect but since they weren't expected as Harper usually gets up at 7, we had to rush to eat and get ready for church since we hadn't set our alarm clock. But thankfully we made it and weren't too late.

Following church we headed to my parents' house for our usual Sunday lunch with my parents, siblings, and their families. Typically we hang around reading the paper and chatting when lunch is over but this Sunday we didn't. When lunch was over, Kevin and Harp headed out to do some movie shopping with my dad and I headed to Greensboro with Kevin's mom to do some bag shopping. Since dating Kevin, his mom and I hit up the Buckhead Betty Warehouse sale every April and October. Despite the fact that we rarely buy anything, it's fun going with her and browsing. After getting back home, the rest of our Sunday was spent  chowing down on dinner, watching some movies on tv, working on Harper's first birthday party, and hanging out with my little family. I really wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like another great weekend with the Holts! Love that you guys always make time for your families on the weekends:)


Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!