Weekend Recap

Well ladies, I have to admit that I'm sort of glad that it's Monday. Our weekend was filled with work, work, and more work. I felt like I didn't sit down at all during my two days off. However, I have to admit I couldn't be happier and more proud of all that we accomplished this weekend.

Friday afternoon I worked much later than usual. I knew this week I'd lose most of my planning time due to after school tutoring and meetings galore so I opted to stay later than usual to get ahead. On top of that I knew they were still laying floors in our house which meant there wasn't much point in heading home. So I worked until about 5 and got all my papers graded, copies made for the week, and a ton of papers filed before heading out the door.

By the time I picked up Harper from daycare, Kevin was fixing to get off so I headed on home to meet him. We checked out the progress that had been made on our floors by that point. I was relieved to see our master bedroom complete and our bed set back up. It was nice knowing we didn't have to sleep on the floor again Friday night. However my relief was short lived when I found out we were a whole room short on hardwood flooring. My heart immediately sunk! The thought of having my house torn up for weeks while we waited on hardwood flooring to come in made me sick to my stomach. Thank the Lord, the company we purchased our flooring from just happened to have 20 packs left of the color we needed in the warehouse so we wouldn't have to wait for it to be shipped to us. Plus it had been kept in a climate controlled space so it didn't need to sit in our home for 48 hours before it needed to be laid down. Even better the owner felt bad that several packs had been opened and missing wood so he gave us half of what we needed free of charge and sold us the other half for wholesale price. That was truly divine intervention right there and I was reminded that God is soooo good!

We met up with my parents for dinner at Mayflower, a local seafood restaurant shortly after Kevin got home. When we finished eating my parents volunteered to come over and help us move the remaining pieces of our master bedroom furniture back into our room; as well as help move all the stuff piled up in Harper's room across the hall to the spare bedroom so that Harp's room could be completed. It took all of two hours and by the time my parents walked out the door, I crashed from exhaustion.

Our Saturday morning started bright and early. Mom and Dad met me and Harp at the house and we headed to Greensboro to pick up the rest of the flooring that the contractor would need for the day. On our way back we stopped by a local farm supply store where I had to load 8 bails of hay on the back of the truck. I may have grown up in the country but that was definitely a first. But our landscaper was at our house laying fertilizer and grass seed and he needed it so a girl has to do what a girl has to do.

By 1, our floors were finished and we could put our house back together. Since Kevin was working that left the job to my parents, me, and my friend Brittni but we managed. By 5:30 the house was completely back together. Everything from the furniture, to the walls, to the baseboards had been wiped down and cleaned. We washed all the sheets and made up the beds. It felt good to have my house back in order.

Saturday night we headed to Greensboro for some Japanese food with our Friday night crew. With all the construction place taking place in our home this week we opted to do dinner with everyone on Saturday instead. The food was delicious and it was great catching up with everyone.

Sunday I woke up early and caught up on some laundry while Harper slept until about 9. Since we didn't have to be at church until 11, we made a quick grocery store run before the crowds rushed in. Harper loved every minute of our shopping experience. She loves being in the buggy and looking all around. I'm just waiting for her to start grabbing stuff off of the shelves...

We headed to church with my family then swung by Kevin's work to see him during his lunch break. Unfortunately Harper slept through our visit. When his lunch was over we headed to my parents' house for our usual Sunday lunch with the family. Since we'd already done our grocery shopping we spent most of the afternoon there and didn't return to our house until almost 4. Harper was asleep when we got to the house so while she napped I took the time to do a little crafting until Kevin's aunt came by to visit.

After Kevin arrived home, we headed to his parents' house to drop off Harper so we could head out for dinner just the two of us at a local Italian place. With all the craziness this week we needed some time to just catch up as a couple and regroup. It was nice but we missed our baby and made it a quick dinner before heading back to get Harp.

Overall it was a great weekend despite the busyness but I'm so happy to have completed two of our 2014 Home Project items. The floors look great and I can't wait to see all the freshly grown grass and flower blooms come up over the next few weeks now that they've been sewn/planted!


  1. Sounds like a busy weekend. I bet your new floors look great! so awesome about he extra flooring deal!

    1. It was a busy weekend but the end result was totally worth it :P

  2. I know it was a lot of hassle, but I'm sure the new floors look beautiful! Glad you guys got to get out with some friends - it looks like you had fun:)

    1. It was quite the clutter and chaos but the end result was totally worth it :P


Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!