6.17.2015

{Weekend Recap} Girl's Nights & Pool Days

Happy Wednesday, friends! Summer has arrived in full swing here in the Holt household. We started off our summer a bit early this week as I got a call from Harper's daycare saying she was running a fever. With that said, my two teacher workdays came to an abrupt end and I started my summer sooner than planned. Thankfully it was nothing serious and the doctor diagnosed it as something viral. By late Monday afternoon, she was back to herself again. I kept her home yesterday to be sure she was okay and she nearly drove me crazy being all over the place. haha Since the week got off to a hectic start, I'm finally sitting down to share a little recap of our weekend. So here goes...

Friday was our last official day at work with our kiddos. School was released at 12:15 which meant us teachers got an afternoon off. As I do every year on the last day of school, I headed to Greensboro for a girl's day full of shopping...without Harper in tow!


 We browsed Target, Marshall's, and Homegoods. I ended up with this adorable romper & another little black dress that I didn't need :P. 


We grabbed some Starbucks. Then finished up our evening with a dinner out, caught the end of a baseball game, and topped off our evening with a McDonald's run to grab us some McFlurry's and hot fudge sundaes. 


Saturday, Harper and I grabbed breakfast with my parents and friend, Brittni, while Kevin recovered from a long 12 hour shift at work. By the time we got home Kevin was getting up and moving so we all got ready, loaded up the car, and headed to the pool to meet up with some family and friends. 


Thanks to some thunder close by, the pool closed earlier than planned so we headed on home to get ready for an early dinner with the in-laws. We ended up meeting them for dinner at a Hibachi Grill buffet and then spent the rest of the evening browsing the Target in Danville. 

Sunday morning we woke up with intentions of going to church but since Kevin was still dragging from night shift, we decided to spend the morning at home. We spent our morning on the porch eating waffles al fresco style. Then Kevin mowed the yard while Harper and I did some laundry and straightened up the house. 


Around noon we headed to Mom and Dad's for lunch. But instead of lingering there after the food was gone and the plates were cleared, we decided to head out early to catch some more time at the pool with some family for the rest of the afternoon.



To finish off our weekend, we put together a little taco night and had Brooke and Bryan over for dinner and ice cream. Of course, we spent most of the evening on the patio which Harper loved. As evidenced from all the pictures below (:





Hope your weekends were amazing and your week's are going well!



post signature

4 comments:

  1. That is a jam packed weekend, sounds like you did a little bit is everything! I live that romper and I don't think you can have too many black dresses! Harper def seems like an outdoor kid for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a jam packed weekend, sounds like you did a little bit is everything! I live that romper and I don't think you can have too many black dresses! Harper def seems like an outdoor kid for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a perfect weekend! I love your patio rug and really love al fresco dining!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! That romper is absolutely adorable on you! And I love your patio furniture- I think I would be on the patio all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!