While reading Jessica's post over at The Newlyawhile back, I realized it's been a little while since I've shared some random facts about myself. Since I've gained a few new readers since the last time I've done this, I thought it would be nice to get reacquainted. So without further ado, here's 20 random facts you may not know about me from just reading my weekly blog posts.
1. First and foremost in my life, I'm a Christian and love God with my whole heart. I'm by no means perfect. Every day, I say things I shouldn't say, do things I shouldn't do, and/or act in ways that I'm ashamed to admit. But that's the great thing about Jesus. He shows me grace with each passing day and each day I strive harder to be more like Him.
2. I'm one of those girls who fell in love with her best guy friend. Thankfully it didn't end in disaster and we've been married for four years now.
3. Speaking of which, Kevin and I were talking marriage long before we ever made our relationship facebook official (; Yes, we were practically engaged before we ever started dating. But as my Dad always said, "When you meet the right one, you just know."
4. I'm a homebody. As much as the thought of traveling abroad and seeing new places excites me, the thought of leaving home for an extended period of time makes me anxious and slightly nauseous.
5. Now that I'm older, I'd rather hang with my family than my friends any day. But there is that slight exception for those friends who have became like family.
6. I'm a planner. I have to always have a plan be it for a grocery run or a vacation itinerary. Despite that I'm OCD about plans, I'm okay if they change as long as I at least initially had a plan in place.
7. I get so excited about Christmas now that I have a child that here it is June and I've already purchased most of my child's Christmas presents... on deep discounts of course (: Just one of the perks to early shopping!
8. I was a church secretary for almost seven years.
9. I've taught third grade for four years now and I absolutely love it.
10. If I ever left teaching, it would be to design and decorate homes. I'm just a bit obsessed with both.
11. When I was in high school, I co-piloted Cessna airplanes at Smith-Reynolds Airport.
12. I'm related to the Wright Brothers, which is where my constant urge to fly planes comes from. It's all in the family, ya know!
13. I can never go anywhere without my cell phone. It's safe to say I have an addiction to it. It's probably the one thing that drives my husband the most nuts.
14. I don't drink alcohol. Like ever. I've seen how it's destroyed people's lives on both sides of my own family so it's something I choose not to participate in. Just in case. But don't worry, I don't judge people who do.
15. I don't drink coffee either. I don't know how you people drink that stuff.
16. I'm not much of a sweets eater. I prefer french fries and mozzarella sticks over ice cream and cake any day. But I'll make an exception for a Krispy Kreme doughnut.
17. I'm not one to jump on board with new trends. Hence why I'm always a year behind on the fashion bandwagon. But I prefer to spend my money on the things that are going to stay around. I guess that makes me sort of... classic.
18. You'll never catch me without earrings. Without them I feel naked.
19. I love heels but always settle on flats. For one, in heels, I'm as tall as my husband. Secondly, have you ever seen a mama chasing a toddler in heels? I can tell you who wins that one...
20. I prefer to read over watching television & nine out of ten times, I'll be reading a romance novel.
So what can you tell me about yourself? Anything I should know!