{Weekend Recap} Party Preppin'

Hello ladies, happy Monday! We had a pretty rainy and dreary weekend here in North Carolina. Despite that the rain put a hitch in some of our plans, we made the most of the weekend as it was and did some major party prepping for two parties we'll be hosting this upcoming weekend.

Friday after work, I headed home to do a little straightening up and cleaning. To my surprise, I came home to all of the laundry having been washed and dried and the house semi- cleaned. I was happy to let Kevin know I could get used to this. It's going to be a sad day when he starts pulling 12 hour shifts, 12 days in a row again but for now I'll enjoy every moment of his time at home and all it has to offer (; But back to the topic at hand...Since my to-do list got cut in half upon my arrival home from work, Kevin and I opted to pick up Harper early from daycare and do some running around. First we headed to Lowes (again) to pick up the hardwood flooring we'd ordered earlier this week for our first floor. Thankfully this go round, we were in love with the option we chose which means no more looking at flooring options anymore. Woot woot! After leaving Lowes, we headed to Walmart to pick up a few items I needed for Harper's birthday party. Once we grabbed all that we needed we made our way to my parents' house where we waited for my friend, Brittni, to arrive, then we all headed to Eden to try out a new vegetable restaurant. Sadly, the restaurant didn't end up being much, but the company was amazing and that made up for all the difference that the restaurant lacked. 

Saturday morning, I woke up at 6am and couldn't fall back asleep. So while Kevin and Harper remained steadfast in cutting some zzz's, I headed downstairs to deep clean the kitchen and clean out the refridgerator. About the time I finished, my parents showed up at the door bearing fresh basked biscuits from Bojangles. After they were devoured, Kevin and my dad headed out to the garage to work on putting some of Harper's new swing set together. What they thought would take an hour turned in to five so while the guys worked, my mom, Harper, and I spent the morning tidying up the house, cleaning out closets, and playing with Harper. Sometime around 3, the guys finally called it quits for the day so we all sat down and enjoyed a bowl of stew with each other before Mom and Dad headed home for the evening. 

Since Kevin was exhausted after putting together a large portion of Harper's swing set, I called up my brother-in-law's girlfriend, Brooke, and asked her to go shopping with me to get the remainder of the party items I was missing for Harper's party as I knew Kevin wasn't up for the task. She was all for it, so I left Harper with Kevin and my brother-in-law and Brooke and I headed to Greensboro. We made some quick stops at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Target, Sams, and Homegoods before calling it quits and returning home with a car load of items that I may or may not have needed (;

Sunday morning we finally got ourselves up and in gear to make it to church. We've been slacking the last few weeks and it felt so good to be back yesterday. Following the service, we had our usual lunch at my parents' house then we headed to Walmart to pick up some groceries for the week. After leaving Walmart, we headed over to my in-laws house to drop off Harper for a few hours so we could accomplish a few more tasks like switching over Harper's closet from winter items to summer and preparing dinner for our family. 

To end our night, I threw some barbeque ribs in the oven and fixed up some corn on the cob and baked beans for dinner with Kevin's family and my brother. Everyone hung around until 9 or so eating dinner, devouring my brother's key lime pie, and watching episode after episode of Impractical jokers. After they left, Harper and I headed upstairs for her night time Bible story... Which seriously made my night. 

All in all, it was another great ending to an even better weekend. 


And just as a little side note, thank you all for the feedback regarding another one of my design dilemmas last Friday. Since I couldn't get those galvanized letters out of my head, I headed back to Hobby Lobby this weekend to return the paper mache letters I had initially purchased and picked the galvanized letters up instead. Last night I finally got around to hanging them up and I am in LOVE!

They coordinate so well with these galvanized vases from Michaels that I grabbed up this weekend while out and about! 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe your hubby did all of those chores for you! and your parents bringing your breakfast?? talk about the nicest people ever!! sounds like you guys had a great weekend, in spite of the rain!!


Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!