2.03.2015

{Weekend Recap} Shopping, Super Bowl, & Sickness

Happy Tuesday, ladies! I hope your weeks are getting off to a great start. I'd like to tell you mine has but if I did, I'd be lying. After a fabulous weekend, I woke up around 12:30 yesterday morning sick as a dog. Five hours later, I was passed out asleep with a pillow and a towel on our bathroom floor. Thank the Lord the hubby happened to have yesterday off because I don't know what I'd have done without him. He left in the middle of a monsoon to go get me some Jello and Gatorade, as well as got Harper up and dressed, fed, and dropped off at daycare. He's my hero. Thankfully after a day spent in bed and a nice, long shower, I'm feeling much better. Which leaves me here today to tell you all about the rest of our weekend.

Friday night, after Kevin got home from work, we headed to his grandma's house for a birthday party in celebration of her and Kevin's grandpa's birthday. We spent the better part of the night hanging out with all of Kevin's family while indulging in hot dogs and hamburgers. We ended up getting home sometime shortly after 9pm. After Kevin put Harper to bed and we changed into our pj's, I settled on the couch with my laptop where I spent the better part of an hour purchasing some new items for our home thanks to Target's amazing 48-hour home sale. I managed to snag four new chairs for our dining room, as well as three new sets of curtains for our living room all for less than $300. Yay for bargains and pay days!


Kevin had to work again this past Saturday so that left the day to just Harper and myself. I spent my Saturday morning sleeping in, something I haven't done in forever, while Harper did the same. By 9am, we were both up and moving. A short time later we headed to our old breakfast stomping grounds with my parents for some yummy eggs, crispy bacon, and shredded hash browns. Since we wrapped up breakfast around the same time Kevin was having lunch, we made a pit stop by his work to see him for a few minutes before heading back to the house to hang out with my sister. 

Saturday evening we headed out to dinner with Bryan and Brooke (Kevin's brother and his girlfriend) at a local ice cream shop. We haven't been to Mayberry in forever and I was craving some of their bean and bacon soup with a hot dog topped with cheese. Not to mention I couldn't say no to a scoop of butter pecan ice cream either. Yummy. I definitely indulged myself in way to much but it was delicious. Then after dinner we headed back home to put Harper in bed and spend the rest of the evening cuddled up on the couch watching a new Hallmark movie. My favorite way to spend a Saturday!



Kevin was fortunate enough to have Sunday off for the first time in God knows how long. We had all intentions of getting up and heading to church but we ended up sleeping in to late. So instead, I whipped us up some eggs, bacon, toast, grips, and a batch of strawberry muffins and we spent the morning being lazy in our pajamas. Around noon we got up and got ready, then headed out to my parents' house for our usual Sunday lunch. After lunch with Mom and Dad, I headed back to our house to do some serious cleaning while Kevin took Harper to his parents to hang out with them for the afternoon. Bless his heart. He knows I love to be able to clean in peace. While he was visiting for a couple of hours, I managed to clean out, sanitize, and reorganize our refrigerator (something I haven't done since Harper was born :X oops), deep clean the kitchen, do a load of dishes, finish up a few loads of laundry, and dust and vacuum the first floor. By the time I finished, I felt so accomplished it made me almost giddy :P

We finished out the night watching the Super Bowl with my sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and Kevin's brother and his girlfriend. Being from North Carolina, I don't care too much about the Super Bowl as our team, the Carolina Panthers, never make it. But this year was different as I'm a big fan of Russell Wilson. My brother and Russell attended NC State together and having been in the same major, the two had class together. Russell is definitely the same guy on the field as he is off. He's a man who hasn't let fame and success get to his head and volunteers all of his free time at a local children's hospital in Seattle. He's a real role model and for that I cheered for him with my whole heart. Despite the outcome, I still consider him to be a real winner. Tom Brady, not so much. But that's a topic for another day...

And that wraps up my weekend friends. What exciting things did you ladies do this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for super good deals! Loving the chairs that you picked:) And can't wait to see how they look with your table! So sorry you aren't feeling well, friend. It seems that no one has avoided being sick this year. Hoping you are back to 100% soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!