2.16.2015

{Weekend Recap} Valentine's 2015

Happy Monday, ladies! After a few weeks of sporadic blogging, I'm happy to report that I'm back in the swing of things. It's been a crazy few weeks here in the Holt household but some pretty fun and exciting things have been happening and I can't wait to share all about them in the coming weeks! And speaking of fun and exciting things, lets get on with this weekend recap.. because it's been a good one friends!

.....................................................................

Friday after work, instead of heading home and tidying up the house like I usually do, I made plans to catch a movie with some of my coworkers and my brother in law's girlfriend. The movie didn't let out until shortly after 6 so my parents volunteered to get Harper since Kevin was working. So since I had some free time and no baby in tow, I ran a few errands before heading over to Mom and Dad's. By the time I got to my parents' house it was dinner time so we loaded up the babe and headed out to meet the hubby for some seafood at a local restaurant.

Since Kevin had to work Saturday, we decided to exchange Valentine's Day gifts Friday night when we got home. I wasn't sure Harper was going to make it since her little eyes kept drooping but as soon as she spotted presents on the table, she was bright eyed and bushy tailed. She dug into her presents just like she learned at Christmas. I can only imagine how fun her birthday party will be this year now that she's got the hang of things (; 


She ended up staying up till almost 10pm, which is totally uncalled for for our early bedtime child, but she was excited about her Fisher Price Cruella De Ville Car and Dalmation and her new 101 Dalmations dvd so we let her play to her little heart's content until she could barely keep her eyes open anymore.

Saturday morning went the same as it usually does. Since Kevin was working, we headed to see him during his morning break so we could keep him company as he ate breakfast. After we left, we headed to meet my parents for breakfast at our usual breakfast stop, Farmers Table. Their bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich and hash browns are to die for! After breakfast we headed home, where Harper took a nap, and I did laundry. Story of my life. Harper woke up shortly after 3 so after a quick snack, we headed out to Danville with my friend Brittni to do a little home goods shopping and to grab some groceries for our upcoming snow storm that may or may not hit this week.

We ended the night with dinner from Chick-fil-a and a Hallmark movie... only Kevin didn't make it for the movie. Five minutes in and the poor guy was passed out on the couch. Twelve hour days will do that to you.

On Sunday Kevin had to work again so we joined him for breakfast at work. It seems that some days, our breakfast dates are the only quality family time we get but we make do. After breakfast, Harper and I headed to church with my family, as well as Kevin's. Kevin's brother and his girlfriend have been coming to church with us the last few months and we couldn't be more excited!

After church, I headed to my parents' house for our usual Sunday lunch. Mom fixed homemade vegetable soup and grilled cheese sandwiches which couldn't have been more perfect for the cold and windy day. After lunch we spent some time hanging out with my family until Harper started having meltdowns. A clear sign it was way past naptime. So on that note, we said our goodbyes and made our way towards home. Harper ended up sleeping from 3-6:30 which gave this mama some time to rest and catch up on some programs I had on the dvr until Kevin got home. Since I didn't feel like cooking we grabbed some Mexican food for dinner. I finished out the night with The Bachelor Tells All while the hubs and Harper got some bonding time in doing who knows what (;


All in all, it couldn't have been a more perfect Valentine's Day weekend. Here's to hoping you had a great weekend with all the ones you love!


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a fabulous weekend!! Harper's valentines envelope is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!