12.02.2014

25 Books of Christmas

Since yesterday was the first day of December and I was sharing our Thanksgiving recap, I thought today would be a great day to kick off the Christmas season with a little holiday cheer. In our family traditions are very important to us... especially where the holidays are concerned. One of the traditions we started last year, upon Harper's arrival, was participating in the "25 books of Christmas" advent calendar. Most of you are familiar with the concept but for those of you who are not, the basic gist is that you choose 25 Christmas books, wrap them up individually, and your child chooses one each night to be read before going to bed.

Of course the teacher and book lover in me is all for this idea. So last year we decided to try it. The key word being try. It didn't go quite as good as I had hoped but considering I had a seven month old who was learning to be on the move, getting through about half the books would be called a success by most. Since Harper's favorite thing these days are books, I'm hoping this year is going to be much better! So without further ado, here are the 25 Christmas books we've chosen as this years perfect picks.


25 Books of Christmas


I tried to get a good mix of Christmas stories. A few classics, some new tales, and of course a few with the true meaning of Christmas. I used a few from last year, purchased a few new ones, and the rest were checked out from a local library. Keep in mind, you don't have to break the bank to do this my friends. Last year I checked out nearly every book I used from my school and public library. So seriously consider that option if you want to try this! 

Did I leave any of your favorite Christmas books out?! If so be sure to let me know so I can add it to next year's list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!