Weekend Recap

Oh what a busy weekend!!!

This weekend was by far one of the busiest weekends we've had in a long time. There was no sitting around and relaxing for the Holt's this weekend! But despite our busyness, we had a fantastic weekend!

When I left work on Friday, I decided to head straight to the grocery store. I usually grocery shop on Sundays after lunch but Friday I was just wanting to get it out of the way. Plus, it's much easier to grocery shop without a baby in tow! You moms know what I'm talking about :P

After picking up a few items that we were in desperate need of, I headed off to Harper's daycare to pick up our baby girl. She was in such a great mood as always. Since Kevin was working and wasn't going to be home until after 6, I decided to head over to my parents house for the afternoon. Mom and I watched a few episodes of Castle as Dad spoiled Harper rotten.

By the time we'd finished up watching tv, Kevin and my friend Brittni had arrived at Mom and Dad's and we all headed out to Ruby Tuesday for dinner. I had a coupon for a free burger with the purchase of an entree so we ate there for practically nothing. Score! (FYI- If you haven't already, sign up for Ruby Tuesday's emails... they're constantly sending coupons for free meals!).

Saturday morning arrived early as Harper decided to wake up at 6am. Funny how I have to wake her up during the week but on the weekend, she's up on her own! Crazy kid! Since we were up at the crack of dawn, we decided to head out and grab some breakfast at Sanitary Cafe... a local restaurant that mimics the menu and decor of Cracker Barrel. I was craving some pancakes, eggs, and bacon and the dish they served up did not disappoint my taste buds.

After breakfast, I left the hubs and Harper doodle to head off and treat myself to a manicure and a little waxing. I was in dire need of both! Since my salon appointment ended earlier than expected, I decided to make a quick trip to our local Belk. Thank goodness I did! I racked up on some adorable Carter's outfits for Harper for nearly nothing. I'm talking 4 outfits for right around $20! Heck yes for a bargain!

By the time I got home, it was shortly after noon and I had to get ready for a baby shower. My childhood babysitter is having her first child. It was so strange being at her baby shower with my own child. Funny how fast times change.

After the shower, Harper and I headed back to the house to pick up Kevin and then head to Burlington. Kevin's great aunt turned 80 and her family threw her a giant reception. There were so many people there and it was a bit overwhelming not knowing half of those people. As I was introduced to person after person, I kept thinking this is what it feels like when you're first dating and meeting all the family. Whew! Glad I'm not in that scene anymore! haha But all in all, it was so nice to meet some of Kevin's extended family that I'd never met before and the food they served was delicious.

When the reception ended, Kevin's mom and dad offered to take Harper home so Kevin and I could go see a movie. Something we hadn't done together since our anniversary back in May. We were so thankful for the gesture and sent Harper on the way to Grandma & Grandpa's. While Harper was spoiled rotten there, we headed off to Alamance Crossing to see Prisoners. Overall, it was a great movie but I was a bit disappointed about the ending.

Sunday morning was rough. Harper has fell victim to the four month sleep regression and at 4am, she was up and bright eyed and bushy-tailed. Sadly, her parents were not. From 4-7am, Harper babbled and talked up a storm. Finally around 7am, she fell asleep and Kevin and I finally caught up on our zzzz's. Unfortunately, we didn't wake up until after 10 which didn't allow us enough time to get ready for church. So we spent the rest of the morning laying around in bed with our little family of four (Rimy was of course included!).

As is our usual Sunday tradition, we headed to Mom and Dad's for Sunday lunch. Mom made homemade vegetable soup and homemade potato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. It was just the perfect meal for the dreary day.

When lunch was over, we headed to my brother's house. He officially moved in on Friday. I felt sorry for my mom as her last child left the nest. Though, she appears to be doing fine. Then again, my brother lived on his own for four years as he went to NC State so I guess she was used to not having him home.

Sunday afternoon, Kevin and I headed off to Greensboro to hunt again for a comforter for our guest bedroom. Yet again, we walked away empty handed. I'm fixing to throw in the towel on this one! I've searched high and low and can't find what I'm looking for. But I know as soon as I settle for something, I'll see what I'm looking for the next time I'm out at home decor stores.

Following our shopping adventures, we headed to get dinner at Outback. It was Harper's first time there and she loved it. I think the lights and noises fascinated her! For most of the meal, she hung out in her seat on the table just staring at the light above our table. Towards the end she started getting fussy so I took her out and laid her on the booth seat. As we ate our dinner, she worked on eating her toes. It was the cutest thing!

After dinner, we hit up a few car lots and Kevin looked at a few 4Runners. We've been debating for a while now whether to sell Kevin's mustang and my old SUV. With the low interest rate the credit union is offering, we've been leaning towards purchasing a more dependable vehicle for Kevin. If we trade in our two vehicles, it would be a pretty good down payment and we wouldn't have to borrow a ton of money from the bank. So who knows, the Holt's may own a new ride soon. We'll see how it pans out...

In the meantime, you ladies have a happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the busiest weekends are the most fun!!


Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!