9.09.2013

Weekend Recap

It's been a long time since I've looked forward to a weekend as much as I did this past week. To have been a four day work week last week, it definitely didn't seem shorter. My week was filled with meetings during and after school. I typically leave around 3:30 each day but I was pushing 4:30 and 5:00 each day which left me exhausted and not able to spend as much time with Harper doodle as I'd like. 

So come Friday, I left work as soon as I could and made the thirty minute journey to Danville, VA. Kevin's cousins were coming in from Roanoke for the weekend to stay with us so I went on the hunt for new bedding for our guest room. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything I really liked. I've been searching for new bedding for the guest room for over six months so I'm not sure why I was surprised. So I ended up just purchasing some new bed pillows for them since the others were getting sort of flat.

When I got home I got ready, straightened the house up a bit, folded laundry and then we were out the door to meet Kevin's family for our usual Friday night dinner. We chose to eat at Ruby Tuesday since we haven't been there in a while. Typically I always order the same thing but as we were waiting to be seated I saw a new dish that looked delish! On a whim I decided to order it and it did not disappoint. It was called smoky mountain chicken. It's a grilled chicken breast smothered in barbecue sauce and layered with cheddar cheese and applewood bacon! Pair that with a some garlic mashed potatoes and Ruby Tuesday's bangin' salad bar and you've got a meal that's worth every single calorie. 

By the time dinner was over Dustin and Kristi had made it into town. They met us at the restaurant and we all stood in the parking lot talking. In typical Holt family fashion, the parking lot conversation lasted for an hour even though we were all leaving and heading to the same place. haha It seems to be the Holt trademark.

By the time we made it back to the house, I was pooped and so was Kristi. Of course the guys weren't so they headed off to a local sports bar while us girls headed off to bed.

On Saturday morning we slept in. Since most of us didn't wake up till closer to 10 we decided to skip breakfast and do an early lunch at Short Sugars, a local barbeque joint that's to die for! By the time we left we were all stuffed so we headed back to the house to spend the afternoon laying around in the living room catching up on each other's lives and reminiscing. 

Since we don't get to spend time with Dustin & Kristi as a family but about once a year, we decided to take full advantage of their time in Reidsville. So the whole family got together (Kev's parents, brother, and cousins) got together and we all headed to Greensboro for dinner at Kabuto Sushi & Hibatchi Restaurant. It was so much fun having all of the family together swapping stories and laughs.

When Sunday rolled around, we hated to see Dustin & Krsiti leave. But we made plans to get together in about a month for the Dixie Classic Fair and the Annual Antique Alley that comes to town. So let the countdown to the days of fun filled laughter and family time begin!

The Holt Boys (with a family friend on the end!)

Dustin & Kristi

My little family
Harper's first trip to Kabuto!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!