8.04.2015

{Weekend Recap} Olivia's Wedding Weekend

Hi Ladies! We are back from the beach and back to reality here in the Holt household. After having twelve glorious days off, Kevin had to return to work yesterday and I may have possibly shed a tear. Twelve hour shifts make for some long days and nights... especially with a toddler whose schedule is all off from vacation. But such is the life and we'll get through it; things could always be worse. And let's face it, after the amazing vacation we had, the change in schedule was totally worth it. I'm anxious to share the pictures and details from our little vacation but before I do, I wanted to share what we were up to before we hit the road to the beach. One of my lifelong best friends got married!

On Friday, July 24th, Kevin and I spent the day running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. We woke up early and headed to our photographer's farm for family photos. Following our photography session, we met Kevin's parents at Ruby Tuesday to celebrate Kevin's birthday. By the time we left it was after 1 in the afternoon and we were rushing home to pack for the beach. I'm not quite sure how I managed it, but I had all of our things packed and loaded into our car by 3pm. Not long after, I hit the road with my friend Brittni, to attend my friend Olivia's rehearsal and rehearsal dinner in Cary, NC. 


We arrived at the rehearsal just in time. Olivia's ceremony was to take place outside so needless to say, we were all dying from the heat which sped up the practice process quite a bit. We only walked through it twice and then we all made our way to the barn located at the venue for a delicious meal catered by the Cook Shack

Following the rehearsal dinner, Brittni and I volunteered to take Olivia out for one last night out. After driving around for a while, we settled for appetizers and drinks on the patio at the Carolina Ale House. We spent most of the remaining part of the evening there enjoying each other's company and talking about all the exciting things to come. By midnight, we called it a night since we could all barely keep our eyes open. But somewhere between the ten minute drive back to our hotel, we all managed to get a new burst of energy and ended up staying up until close to 2am chatting away in our hotel room. 

Saturday morning we were all up bright and early for the day's festivities. We grabbed breakfast at the hotel around 8am, then the hair and make-up process started at 9am. 


By noon, we were out the door and headed to the venue where the remainder of the afternoon was spent getting ourselves and Miss Olivia ready. 


At 5:00pm, the wedding began and went off without a hitch. It was beautiful, bright, and thankfully we had just the amount of breeze come through to keep us all relatively comfortable. Praise Jesus! I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking!









After we'd enjoyed a southern style dinner of barbecue, green bean casserole, roasted potatoes, corn bread, and four different types of cake, Kevin and I said our goodbyes and made our way to the beach to meet up with Kevin's family and get our hands on our baby girl who we'd sent on to the beach with Kevin's parents. But more on all that tomorrow :P 


post signature

3 comments:

  1. I love the bridesmaid dress! You can easily wear that again. I want that in my closet! And I really love your boots with the dress too.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was a beautiful ceremony and reception! Outside weddings are my favorite! You look gorgeous!!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back - all these photos look like it was a fantastic time! I love how they had everyone sign the bench - such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!