Holt Family Vacation 2015 {Part 2}

*If you missed part 1 of our vacation, you can read it here.

Wednesday morning, we grabbed breakfast with Brooke and Bryan at Cracker Barrel before they had to return home. I've never had Cracker Barrel's breakfast before but I can definitely tell you that their blueberry pancakes did not disappoint. Harper most definitely approved as well!

We spent the rest of the afternoon poolside with the family. 

For dinner, we met up with Kevin's cousins, for dinner at California Pizza. It was our first time trying it out and I have to admit, it was pretty good. It was definitely no Sir Pizza, but it was a good second.

After dinner, we made our way to Family Kingdom where we spent the entire evening riding ride, after ride, after ride. Without a doubt I can tell you that our child is going to fit right in with our adrenaline junkie family (; 

Thursday was our lazy day at the beach. We spent most of the morning sleeping in, laying around, and taking naps. Sometime after noon we made our way to the beach. 

Since we headed out so late, we didn't spend long outside before we had to head in and get ready to do a little shopping at one of the local malls and grab dinner at Texas Roadhouse with the in-laws. 

On Friday, we grabbed breakfast with Kevin's grandparents at the Golden Griddle, a local pancake house. 

Following breakfast, we headed to Kevin's uncle's place to hang out with them. Unfortunately, we didn't call ahead and upon arriving, we discovered they'd made their way to the outlets for the morning. So we caught up with Kevin's uncle's in-laws before heading back to our place and hitting up the beach and pool for one last time. 

Shortly after six, Kevin and I headed to the outlets where I snatched up some capris from Banana Republic for just $15 each (I'll take every color, please and thank you!) and grabbed Harper some fall clothes from Carter's. We then grabbed dinner at a local Mexican place of which I'll never return. Note to self: don't try hole in the wall restaurants at the beach

Since Harper was winding down and it was still early when we returned home, we decided to pack up the car and head on home. I wasn't exactly thrilled to call our trip to an abrupt end but knowing Kevin was going to have to return to work on Sunday, I knew he'd appreciate all day Saturday to recover instead of making the long drive home Saturday and returning to work the next day. So like a good wife, I obliged. 

We ended up not leaving until close to 11 and made it back home sometime around 3am. And can I just add, my bed never looked so welcoming! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!