Weekend Recap

This past weekend could not have came fast enough ladies. This past week was hard. It was long, tiring, and very emotional. Anything that could have happened did and unfortunately most of it wasn't in the good variety. So when Friday came around, I was shouting TGIF louder than most.  

Unfortunately because of the week I had, I had a desk full of paperwork and a to-do list that was rather long. Typically on Fridays I try to leave work by 4 but this past Friday it just didn't happen. I worked super late. By super late I mean until 6 and that's only because the school janitor was fixing to come run me out of the building if I didn't get to leaving asap. But most of my to-do list was tackled, my desk was clear, and my classroom was back to looking neat and orderly when I left so I was grateful for the extra time. 

Since I worked so late, Kevin had picked up Harper and taken her to his parents' house. After leaving work I headed to meet them there. As soon as I walked in the door, Harper started jumping up and down and was reaching for me. My heart melted right then and there and my stress and worry disappeared. Funny how someone so little can make such a big difference in your day. Harper and I sat in the floor and played for about thirty minutes then headed out to a local seafood restaurant with our usual Friday night gang.

Saturday morning I woke up earlier than the rest of the members of the Holt Household. Since Kevin and Harper were both sleeping soundly, I decided to get up early and treat myself to a nice long bath. It was heavenly. I was able to get myself completely ready for the day before having to tend to Harper. Thankfully by the time she was waking up so was Kevin so he helped me with our morning routine which consisted of a diaper change, breakfast, & morning playtime! 

Since Kevin was off Saturday, which isn't often the case, he volunteered to watch Harper so I could go out and have a little time for myself. Despite how much I love spending time with my family, I was craving some "me time". I took him straight up on the offer and headed to Danville to do a little shopping. I hit up Ross, Marshalls, Old Navy, Target, and Hobby Lobby. Despite some of the adorable things I saw, I walked away from every store empty handed. I just didn't see anything I HAD to have. So I picked us up some lunch from Chick-fil-a instead and headed home. 

The rest of the afternoon was spent tending to our house while Harper spent some quality time with her daddy. While they played, I caught up on laundry and deep cleaned the first floor. I gave our kitchen a much needed scrubbing from top to bottom, straightened up, cleaned out the pantry, and even did a little redecorating. With all of this snow we've had lately, I've been dying for spring so I decided to give our dining room a spring face-lift. To say I'm in love with how it turned out is an understatement! And to top it all off, I didn't spend a dime on the new look. I used place mats that were purchased last year, flowers I already had, and the vases were a wine bottle craft I did a couple of years ago. It's amazing how you can pull pieces together that you never use and create a look that you love. 

Saturday night we headed to Greensboro to celebrate one of Kevin's friend's birthdays. Brandon and Kevin don't get to see each other often and so when he called Kevin at 7pm inviting us to dinner for his birthday at 8, we had to take him up on his offer...despite that we weren't ready, it was nearing Harper's bedtime, and we needed to be walking out the door at that minute. Despite the chaos that ensued to get out the door and to get there, we had a truly great evening. 

Kevin was forced to go to work on Sunday morning so it was just Harper and me. We headed to church with my family. While there Harper got a little hungry and had to resort to eating her toes.. see the picture below! haha 

When church was over my dad volunteered to take Harper to his and my mom's house so I could run some errands before our usual Sunday lunch at my parents' house. It's so much easier to run errands without a baby so I was super grateful. I managed to run to Dollar Tree, go home and change, clean our bedroom, and fold two loads of laundry. It's amazing what you can get done in a short amount of time once you have a baby!

Following lunch with my family, Harper had her nine month photos with a local photographer. They were scheduled for Saturday but Sarah (the photographer) was a bit under the weather. It worked out perfectly as Saturday was rather chilly and Sunday was bright and shiny and was pushing 70 degree weather. Harper's pictures turned out so great and I can't wait to share them. She wore another adorable outfit from  Cutesie Whootsie that my wonderful coworker made her. It's precious and if you're in need of a St. Patrick's Day outfit, you definitely need to check out Jennifer's shop on ETSY! She can make some adorable things!

The rest of our Sunday was spent chowing down on a pizza and snuggling on the couch with my little family while watching a few Hallmark movies. It was the perfect way to end a fabulous weekend with my little family if I do say so myself! 

Here's to hoping you ladies had a fantastic weekend and an even better week (:


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! So glad that you got a bit of 'me time' - that's the best gift anyone can give to a new mom for sure:) Lately I've been getting up 30 minutes to an hour before Caleb wakes up every day just to be sure to get enough time in the mornings to get ready. It's hard getting up that early, but definitely worth it, and I've come to value that 'me time' a lot!!!

    And LOVING the dining room update, sweet friend. Looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see Harper's pictures:)


Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!