The Holt Household's "Muffin Meatloaf"
What You Need:
1 pound ground beef (We use 93/7)
1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 cup of Stove Top savory herb stuffing mix
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 T white distilled vinegar (any kind will work)
1. Shred (by hand) uncooked beef in a mixing bowl
2. Combine egg, 3/4 of tomato sauce, and 1 cup of stuffing mix in mixing bowl
3. Mix together all the ingredients in the mixing bowl with a spoon
4. Place muffin cups (we use the foil ones! They work best for this recipe!) in a muffin pan and spray with cooking oil to prevent meatloaf from sticking)
5. Take meat mixture and create meat balls and place them in the muffin cups (I make them where they just do fit in the cups)
*Note: If you think the mixture seems dry, add the rest of the tomato sauce! Despite the fact that I always make this recipe the same way, sometimes I need the extra sauce and sometimes I don't!
1. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and white distilled vinegar in a mixing cup
2. Spoon over meatballs in muffin cups
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes and then enjoy!
* This makes 12 muffins. Kevin and I usually eat 2 a piece and freeze the other 8. You can easily throw these in the fridge in the morning to thaw out and pop them in the microwave for dinner! (Just be sure to remove the foil layer before microwaving!)