Weekend Recap

Last Friday, Harper and I ventured out with her Auntie Brooke for her first girl's shopping day. We headed to do some shopping in Danville, Virginia (a city about thirty minutes away). We hit up Marshalls, Ross, Target, and Hobby Lobby.  I was impressed at how well Harper did. I had yet to take her shopping with me for fear of a meltdown in the middle of a store. We've done quick trips to Walmart before but no all day shopping adventures  But to my surprise she really did great. She woke up while we were in Target and started fussing so I carried her around the store with a bottle in her mouth as Brooke pushed the buggy around. When Harper finished, I popped her back in her car seat and she was happy as a lark. All in all, it was a great experience and I was able to get a lot of the items on my shopping list such as new shorts and some of the items for our bathroom update. Speaking of the bathroom update, I can't wait to finish to reveal the before and after photos!

Moving on, after our shopping adventure, I dropped Brooke off to get her car and then Harper and I went to spend the rest of the day with my parents. We stopped by my brother's house first to see what progress he'd made during the week on his house remodel. Mom and Dad were there so they took Harper and spoiled her for a bit. When we all left, we headed back to Mom and Dad's to waste some time until it was time to head to dinner.

At 7:00, the parents, Harper, and I headed to meet the Hubs for dinner at a local restaurant. My cousins surprised us by joining us. I had seen Craig quite a bit but I hadn't seen his daughter Chelsea in years. It was great to catch up. We all sat around talking until close to 9:00. We hadn't realized how late it had gotten until Harper let us know it was her feeding time. With that being the case, we grabbed our things, paid, and went! A screaming baby in a restaurant doesn't make for happy customers haha

The Hubs had to work on Saturday so when I woke up I called my parents to see what their breakfast plans were. They usually go out to breakfast on Saturdays. Whenever the Hubs works on Saturdays, I usually join them. When I called, Dad said Mom had decided to fix breakfast at home but for me and Harper to come over. So I got the two of us ready and we made our way down the road.

After we ate breakfast, Mom and Dad decided to go do some home improvement shopping in Greensboro (another city about thirty minutes away). Since Kevin and I have began to do some more home improvements of our own, I decided to go with them. So we loaded Harper into Dad's car and we made our way to Greensboro. However, when we arrived at our first stop, Harper decided it was time she ate. So I left the car seat in the car and we walked around with a bottle in her mouth as we shopped. We spent a lot longer than I had intended at our first stop so she began to get pretty heavy. With that said, I may or may not have just plopped down on some of the warehouse's bar stools while Mom and Dad finished their shopping. haha

I ended up spending the whole day with my parents. I didn't get back home until close to 5pm. Kevin arrived home from work about an hour later. Since it was so late and I hadn't even began to think about what we'd do for dinner, we decided to head to Ruby Tuesdays with his parents. I was craving a salad and their salad bar definitely didn't disappoint.

I woke up Sunday morning at 6:15 to realize that I had never woke up to feed Harper during the night. A slight panic set in and I jumped up to make sure she was breathing. Of course she was and then sheer excitement took over that our baby girl had just slept through the night for the first time ever! It made this mama smile real big!

Kevin and I headed to his church in Thomasville Sunday morning with his parents and his grandma. It's about an hour drive so we decided to spend the day there. After church, we had lunch with Kevin's aunt and uncle. His uncle happens to be the pastor at the church; hence, why we travel an hour to church!

After a delicious lunch of steaks, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, zucchini chips, and salads, Kevin took me to High Point to drop me off at my best friend's house. Her wedding dress had came in so we went to pick it up; as well as to pick out bridesmaids dresses for her upcoming wedding. After trying on quite a few, she decided on the dresses and we headed back home.

Since it was after 6 when we got home, we headed over to my parents house for dinner. Following supper, we swung back by Kevin's parents house. We both laid down on the couch while his parents played with Harper. I guess all the traveling from the day had gotten to us because we both fell asleep. I woke up to see that it was 11:00! I jumped up and told Kevin we had to get home. I knew it was about time for Harper to eat again. But thanks to my in-laws, as we had slept, they'd fed and changed her and she was ready for bedtime.

All in all, it was a great weekend and I can't wait to see what the week holds...especially since the Hubs is going to be off all week! Hallelujah! (: Hope you all had a fun-filled weekend as well. Happy Monday everyone!


  1. Sounds like a great weekend!!! I am SO looking forward to the days where Caleb sleeps through the night...He'll go 4-5 hours right now, so it's not too bad, but I've definitely forgotten what it feels like to sleep a full 7 or 8 hour night, lol!!!

  2. Sounds like a fun and busy weekend! Enjoy the week with hubby off :)

  3. Hi! Found your blog via Jess from The Newly. Congratulations on your sweet little girl! So excited to follow along!

    Amy @ keepin' up with the Smith's


Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!