A couple of weeks ago, Kevin and I took a babymoon. It was kind of last minute because we debated whether or not it was safe to go away this late in my pregnancy. But after talking with my doctor at our appointment the week before, she assured us that we should be fine since I was only 35 weeks pregnant and  there were no signs or symptoms that Harper would be making her way into the world that week.

So on Monday night when Kevin got off work, we headed to the beach along with my sister, her husband, and my nephew. We left shortly after 6:30 and got there around 11. As soon as we got there and I felt the warm ocean breeze and smelled the salty air, I knew we made the right decision to take one last trip as a family of two.

On Tuesday morning, we slept in. When we woke up, my brother in law had breakfast prepared for us. It was delicious! He fixed bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, and cheddar biscuits... all of which are my favorites. After breakfast, we got ready for the day. My sister and I headed out to do some outlet mall shopping while the guys went and caught a movie. After our shopping adventures, we all met back up at our condo and relaxed for a while. Before dinner we headed back to the outlets with the boys to do some more shopping. The guys actually shopped as much as us girls did. Kevin racked up and walked out of the outlet mall with three large bags in hand... something he's never done since I've known him. haha After shopping, we headed to get some dinner at our favorite pizza joint at Myrtle Beach. It's called Sir Pizza and reminds us so much of a hole-in-the-wall pizza joint that used to be in our hometown that was recently torn down.

On Wednesday, we spent the morning laying around and relaxing. Around lunchtime, my sister and I headed out to do some more shopping while Kevin and the boys hit up yet another dude movie. We actually ended up beating the guys back to our condo since we didn't have much luck at the second outlet mall. Though I did score a new pair of tennis shoes and some super cute outfits for little Harper doodle. Later in the evening, we all headed to Nakatos, our favorite Japanese restaurant in the world! There are only three of them: one at Myrtle Beach,, SC; one in Atlanta, GA; and one in Charlotte, NC. We never make a trip to the beach without eating there at least one night. And when I say never, I mean NEVER. You just can't pass up their delicious Japanese noodles.

After dinner we headed back to our condo. We had intentions of going back out and doing something like normal grown ups but Kevin and I ended up laying in our room for hours just talking and enjoying our time together. We talked about when we dated, what life would be like with Harper, our hopes and dreams for our little girl and future family, and all sorts of other topics. It couldn't have been more perfect of an evening.

On Thursday morning, we packed up our belongings to head back home. It was hard to say goodbye to the sunshine and 70 degree weather but as we were leaving it started to rain. It's always okay to leave the beach if it's raining. It was just sad to return home to 40 degree weather and sleet on the ground. But our maternity pictures were scheduled for the next day, so it made it easier to accept.

All in all we had a great babymoon even though we shared it with my sister and her family but we enjoyed every minute of it. Too bad I just didn't take any pictures to share!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time! I'm kind of sad we haven't taken an official babymoon...maybe we can squeeze something in next weekend. Glad you enjoyed it!


Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!