4.16.2013

37 Weeks




Pregnancy Highlights

How far along? 37 weeks and officially full term!

Baby Size: According to my BabyBump app, Harper should be about the size of a swiss chard (whatever the heck that is). She should be around 19.25 inches and weigh approximately 6.3 pounds. According to our ultrasound this morning though, she's weighing in around 7 pounds and 4 ounces. Yikes!

Total Weight Gain: Currently I've gained about 35 pounds. As I mentioned in my post this past Sunday, I had gained six pounds in one week... most of which is fluid. Thank goodness! 

Maternity Clothes: Maternity clothes during the day... pre-preggo clothes at night.

Stretch Marks? Other than those few stretch marks that suddenly appeared on my left hip, I'm in the clear. 

Sleep: Sleeping amazingly well. I generally get up once during the night to potty but then I can go right back to sleep. 

Best Moment This Week: Getting to see my daughter's face! I've never been able to see the full frontal version of her face but at our appointment on Friday I did! I am in love with her chubby little cheeks and can't wait to kiss on them!

Miss Anything? Just my pre-preggo body! I just want to be able to remember what normal legs, ankles, feet, and toes look like. Mine have been swollen for so long that I've forgotten what they used to look like!

Movement: Harper's movements have become more sporadic over the last couple of days. She typically moved most in the evening and during the night. However, I'm feeling her now during the early afternoon and early evening. Fingers crossed she's adapting more to a normal person's schedule and w'e're not going to have a nocturnal baby on our hands!

Food Cravings: Still just ice cold drinks!

Gender: A Girl {Harper Londyn Holt}

Labor Signs: A few Braxton Hicks contractions here and there.

Symptoms: Mainly just swelling. This week my swelling has gotten much worse! Over the past couple of months, the only thing that really swelled was my feet and most of the time it was just the right one. Now, both of my legs and feet look like tree trunks. No lie! My toes are so swollen I can't even bend them now! haha But on a positive note, my acid reflux has gotten much better! It'll still hit me every now and then but it isn't happening as often thank the Lord. I've noticed that I'm popping less and less Tums these days and I'm able to get by with just one Zantac pill a day.

Belly Button In or Out? It's still in but it's still just a tiny sliver. My thumb nail fits in it perfectly. haha

Wedding Rings On or Off?  I can still wear them but I chose to take them off. With my rapid weight gain, I was a bit afraid my fingers would start swelling as bad as my feet. Due to the fact that Kevin had my rings custom designed and made, I was a bit nervous about wearing them and potentially having to have my rings cut off. The thought of them not being able to repair my engagement ring and wedding band is a little to much to bear. I'd just rather go without them. 

Mood: Super excited! Harper can arrive at any point now!

Looking forward to: Taking our birth and baby class this Friday and Saturday! It makes it seem that much more real that she really is set to arrive any day now. Which leads me to the next thing I'm looking forward too.... meeting our baby girl! I can't wait to get her in my arms and watch her and her daddy bond. I know Kevin is going to be such a great father. Just the way he oohs and ahhh's over her in my belly confirms that. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when he gets to actually hold her and dote all over her. 

2 comments:

  1. I know it's tough, but you just have a couple of weeks left to go before sweet Harper makes her appearance! You can do it:) I am right behind you girl (33 weeks), and am sending supportive thoughts and prayers your way as you finish up these last couple of weeks! And, um, what is up with the weird fruit/veggie references on the baby bump apps? I have had several now that have made me shake my head and go, "WTH?" (and then look it up to see what it is!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're sleeping well! Enjoy the baby class, we did ours last week and it was great! Hope everything came back ok with the hydronephrosis and toxemia :( I've been worried about you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!