4.30.2013

39 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights

How far along? 39 Weeks... Our daily countdown is now in the single digits!

Baby Size: According to my BabyBump app, Harper should be about the size of a mini watermelon. She should be around 20 inches long and weigh approximately 7.25 pounds. But as I mentioned last week, Harper measures about a pound larger than my app says she should be. According to our ultrasound yesterday, she's weighing in at 8 pounds and 2 ounces.

Total Weight Gain: As of right now, my total weight gain fluctuates between 35-40 pounds. It's weird. I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office and I weighed one thing; then I stepped on the scale at the hospital an hour later and weighed about five pounds less. Don't know how that happens so at this point, I'm not quite sure what to tell you! haha

Maternity Clothes: I continued to mix it up this week thanks to the warmer weather. My dresses and skirts were pretty much all pre-preggo clothes. But my shirts, jeans, and pants were maternity. When I'm at home, I pretty much stick to tank tops and the hubs sweat pants. 

Stretch Marks? Just the ones on my hip!

Sleep: I'm still sleeping great. I've even been sleeping like a normal person; i.e. with only ONE pillow! What?! It's been months since I've done that. I've also been sleeping a solid eight to eleven hours a night! Isn't that crazy?! Some nights I don't even wake up to pee. I'm hoping I'm not going to pay for all this extra sleep when Harper arrives! haha

Best Moment This Week: Finishing up all of our final "Before Harper Arrives" to do list items. Harper's things have officially been stored and organized to my liking. We had our second set of maternity pictures taken on Friday. We've set up all of Harper's items in the house (the swing, pack and play, bassinet, etc). Her car seat is officially installed in my nice clean car (we actually did that two weeks ago!). Our hospital bags are packed and waiting at the door. And I've officially finished all of the thank you cards that we had to write! Now we're just waiting on our precious baby girl to make her appearance.

Miss Anything? Still just being able to move around comfortably!  

Movement: Harper is back to moving quite frequently again. I'm guessing she's getting herself ready for delivery. I'm definitely going to miss watching my belly move all around once she arrives. I could spend hours just watching my belly bubble up, dip, and twist all around. 

Food Cravings: I haven't really craved much of anything this week. If I had to say I craved anything, it would still just be ice cold drinks. It seems that I'd much rather drink an ice cold drink these days then eat anything.

Gender: A Girl {Harper Londyn Holt}

Labor Signs: My Braxton Hicks contractions are getting much stronger and more uncomfortable these days. But I'm not complaining since it's helping my body prepare for the real thing!

Symptoms: My swelling and acid reflux are about the same. They aren't much better but they aren't any worse either so I can't complain. 

Belly Button In or Out? It's still in.

Wedding Rings On or Off?  I put them back on last Friday but then I freaked out that they might not come off by the end of the day if my hands were to swell so I took them back off and haven't tried wearing them since. 

Mood: I'm starting to get anxious and nervous now. I'm not actually nervous about the actual birthing process; afterall, they have drugs for that haha. I'm getting more and more nervous about what it's going to be like after Harper arrives. I'm worried that I'll be too sore and tired to care for her; that I may not be able to provide enough milk for her; that I won't know what I'm doing, etc. But at the same time, I'm trying to remind myself that tomorrow will bring it's own worries so I just need to take it one day at a time.

Looking forward to: Meeting our baby girl! We have an appointment with our doctor next Tuesday. If she hasn't arrived by then, my doctor is going to try to get me into the hospital to be induced that night. If there is no availability, I'll definitely be induced on Wednesday! So the count down is officially on. We'll have a little girl in our arms next week! 

3 comments:

  1. One week (or less) to go! SOOO exciting:) I think it's normal to be nervous about having a brand new baby - I know I sure am. Our lives are definitely about to change in a BIG way! But everything will be fine and you will be a great mom. Sending prayers your way this week as you prepare to welcome your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh one week!!! Hopefully less though. Glad you're sleeping so great. I'm feeling anxious and nervous for the same reasons, you're definitely not alone. Cody is cleaning my car as we speak so we can get the carseat installed lol. Glad you got everything done on your to-do list...I've got a few items left and then we'll be ready for go-time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PERFECT time to find your blog!! Are you getting induced? I can't WAIT to see pictures of your baby girl! I am soooo excited for you!
    I had my baby a little over 4 months ago but it feels like just yesterday. Such an AMAZING time for you and your little family!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!