2.15.2013

The "Before Harper Arrives" To Do Lists

Do you know any "list" people? You know the type...the kind that make a list for EVERYTHING. Well I know someone just like that and that person would be me! I write a list for pretty much anything and everything; be it for what I'm taking on vacation, what I need to get at the grocery store, what I need to accomplish for the week at home or work, what I'm going to blog about for the week, who I need to send invites to for various parties, etc. If something can be categorized into a list... you best believe I'll do it. I'm telling you...my obsession with lists is probably not healthy. So needless to say, when I found out I was pregnant with Harper, a list lists were began of all that I needed to accomplish before she arrived. I hadn't planned on sharing my lists on my blog but after reading Tiffany's list over at The Austin Family Diary of all that she hoped to accomplish before their baby boy arrives, I thought, "Hey, why not share mine? Maybe it'll help me accomplish things faster.". So with that said, here are my current "Before Harper Arrives" to do lists. I say current because let's be honest, I'm sure the more I mark off, the more I'll be adding to take its place!

Harper's Nursery
- Decide on and purchase Harper's furniture (bed, dresser, and chest)
- Decide on and purchase Harper's bedding
- Decide on and purchase a rocker and glider for Harper's nursery (Hubby's request)
- Decide on and purchase a wall decal for above Harper's bed
- Purchase curtains for Harper's room
- Determine what to place above Harper's dresser
- Clean out the closet in Harper's nursery
- Install a bottom shelf rack in Harper's closet for two rows of clothing
- Order closet clothing dividers to match Harper's bedding
- Organize and group Harper's clothing by size in her closet and drawers
- Decide on what to do with Harper's growing book collection... bookshelf or baskets?
- Decide on what to keep Harper's toys in... basket or bins on a bookshelf?


House 
- Clean out all of our closets and get rid of unused clothes, shoes, and other items
- Take a trip to Goodwill or Salvation Army and make a donation of everything unused or unwanted
- Clean out and organize storage shelves in the garage
- Organize and clean out our two storage buildings
- Deep clean the entire house over Spring Break (scrub and polish floors, wipe down baseboards/window seals/blinds, dust all furniture, vacuum, clean carpets, etc)
- Remove everything from the refrigerator and freezer and wipe down the inside
- Clean out freezer, refrigerator, and pantry and throw out old items
- Tear down wallpaper in the kitchen and have the kitchen painted
- Have fence and deck stained
- Have yard landscaped


Cars
- Lexus: Have mine washed, waxed, and detailed (closer to Harper's arrival)
- Isuzu: Clean out and have washed, waxed, and detailed (closer to Harper's arrival)
- Mustang: Clean out and have it thoroughly washed
- Corvette: Have it washed (though we won't be driving it for a while! haha)
- Decide whether to trade in the Mustang and Isuzu for Kevin to get a new SUV or keep what we have


Randoms
- Research products to register for 
- Complete Harper's baby registry 
- Purchase a professional grade camera  
- Pre-register at the hospital
- Decide on which baby classes to take and register for them
- Take one last vacation before Harper arrives




Well there are my current lists! I've got lots to accomplish over the next few months!
Let's hope it all gets done in time!

2 comments:

  1. List makers unite! Haha I really feel that after I posted mine, stuff started getting done :) Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that's the case with mine! There's so much I want to accomplish but the closer and closer I get to my due date, the more I feel like it might not happen haha

      Delete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!