2.05.2013

27 weeks



Pregnancy Highlights


How far along? 27 weeks

Baby Size: She's the size of a cauliflower! In everyday terms, she is right around 15 inches and weighs about 2 pounds!


Total weight gain: I'm guessing around 12-15 pounds. Over the last week, I've seen a huge difference in the growth of my belly. I'll find out Friday how much I've gained! 


Maternity clothes? I'm still wearing all pre-maternity tops. For the most part, I'm still wearing pre-maternity jeans but I do wear my maternity khakis and black dress pants to work. They're more comfortable as I get up and down to help my kiddos at work. 

Stretch marks? Not yet. I'm still applying cocoa butter after my morning shower and before going to bed at night. It seems to do the trick!

Sleep:  I'm sleeping great these days. I've even been able to go through the night without having to get up and potty thanks to my new routine. I try to not drink anything an hour before going to bed and right before I fall asleep, I get up and go potty for the last time. For the last week, that routine has been working for me and I haven't had to get up several times in the middle of the night! We'll see how long it lasts!

Best moment this week:  We are officially registered for three baby classes! I debated over the last few weeks on whether to take classes before Harper arrived. I talked to lots of recent new mamas and I got a mixture of advice. Some liked the classes, some thought they were pointless. In the end, we decided to go on and take a condensed birth and baby class. I figured I'd rather sort of be prepared than to have no idea what was going on. Plus our class includes a tour of our hospital and I feel like I'll want to know what I'm going to be looking at during delivery! haha I also signed up for two breastfeeding classes as every mother I know did mention how wonderful and helpful they were! 

Miss Anything? Regular clothes! I went shopping over the weekend and of course all of the stores I shop at are full of the new spring fashions. I tried on quite a few items to see if I liked any for after Harper arrives and before they all got picked over. It was so frustrating because so many of the dresses didn't fit over my belly :( But I did grab a couple of new outfits that will work with my baby belly now and will still work after she's born. Score!

Movement: She's back to her backwards schedule! Apparently, we have a night owl on our hands. Every evening around 5 she starts waking up and moving around. She'll move around for most of the evening until I go to bed. I've even woke up from a few of her kicks in the middle of the night over the last few weeks. Speaking of which, those kicks have gotten pretty strong! Her Daddy loves them! He'll poke my belly each day until she starts kicking him back! Needless to say, my husband is highly amused (:

Food cravings: Nothing particular.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Acid reflux :( 

Gender:  Girl

Labor Signs:  Not yet

Symptoms: Just indigestion and horrible acid reflux! 

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off?  On

Mood:  Happy and Excited!

Looking forward to: Seeing Harper on Friday! We're having to have an ultrasound to check on her. At our last ultrasound the doctors discovered that Harper had a swollen kidney so they want to monitor it though out my coming visits. After assurance from my doctor and lots of research, I've come to terms that it's not a big deal. Thankfully, it's the most common problem found during pregnancy and 9/10 times it works itself out before the baby is born. I'm hoping on Friday everything is just like it should be! But even if it isn't, we're trusting God with it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!