11.19.2012

{Recipes}: Mom's Baked Spaghetti

One of my all-time-favorite dishes that my mom makes on Sundays for our family is her famous baked spaghetti. I can remember as a child, I would sit and watch for the cheese to bubble on top. It wasn't until the cheese bubbled that the spaghetti could come out. I remember Mom pulling it out of the oven and when my nose was hit with the smell, my mouth would start watering in anticipation for that first bite. And if you want to know a secret, that hasn't changed. I still watch it and my mouth still waters when it comes out. It's that yummy. And because it's so yummy, I still can't figure out why I had never asked my mom for the recipe until last week. Crazy, huh? Well I finally did and I attempted to make it and it turned out fabulous...despite not making my own homemade sauce like Mom does. So let me share the recipe (:


Mom's Homemade Baked Spaghetti

Ingredients
- 1.5 bags Sharp Cheddar Cheese (trust me, it's better than using mozzerella!)
- 3/4 box of spaghetti noodles
- 3 cups of spaghetti sauce (I used meat sauce but whatever is your preference)
- 1 pound hamburger

Directions
- Brown hamburger and cook noodles seperately
- Spray 8 x 11" baking dish with cooking spray
- Mix spaghetti sauce with the hamburger and stir it very well
- Pour a layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the baking dish so that you can't see the bottom
- Place a layer of noodles on top of the sauce
- Pour another layer of spaghetti sauce on top of noodles
- Sprinkle cheese on top of sauce
- Place another layer of noodles on top of the cheese
- Pour and spread the remaining sauce on top of noodles
- Cover the top with a layer of shredded cheese

Cook uncovered on 350 for 35-45 minutes (until cheese begins to bubble!)

Serve with garlic bread and salads and you'll be set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!