6.13.2011

Wonderful, Merciful Saviour

In yesterday's Morning Worship Service, the Praise Team lead the church in worship with the song "Wonderful, Merciful Saviour" by Selah. I began singing the song but after singing the first verse, the words would no longer come out of my mouth. I stood there on that front row of my little church and listened as all of the members of our congregation sang to our Heavenly Father. As I heard the words they uttered, the truth and reality of those few simple words washed over me. The gratitude I felt at that moment was none that I have ever experienced. Tears came to my eyes as I realized the amount of compassion and love my Heavenly Father has shown me over the years.

I am so thankful for all that He is to me. He is not just my Heavenly Father. He is my wonderful, merciful Saviour; my precious Redeemer and friend; my counselor, comforter, and keeper. He is the one individual in this entire being that knows me inside and out. He is the one person above all else who has every reason to turn His back on me; but He is the one individual who is always there offering grace and mercy for the wrongs I have done. He is the one who gives me hope, strength, and guidance when I fall on my knees and say "God, I can't do this" or "I don't know where to begin". I am so thankful that He is who He is. He is forever and always the one I will praise and adore and I am so thankful to be able to say, I will forever and always be His.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!