11.02.2010

{Thankfulness}: Rimshot

So you probably think its crazy that I'm thankful for a dog but I can't help it. I'll be honest, it hasn't always been that way. When we first got Rimshot back at the end of August, I didn't think he was a blessing. I considered him more of a curse! Kevin and I both thought we'd made a bad choice by getting him. However, neither of us expressed these thoughts to each other. We didn't tell each other until last month about our doubts when we first got him. Looking back, I'm thankful we didn't because I'm not sure what we would have done. Had we have expressed them to each other those first few days we had him, we probably would have taken him back and I just can't bear that thought.

Despite those first few days, Rimshot is absolutely wonderful! We've had a time getting him housebroken and getting him to stop chewing on everything but we're just about there. Thankfully he will go to the door when he wants to go out and he no longer chews on anything other than his toys, drink bottles, and anything made out of wood... However, thats not always a good thing because he doesn't always realize its not ok to chew up drink bottles that have drink in them & he hasn't learned that wood inside the house, such as furniture and blinds, is off limits. But what can I say...we are making progress!

He's the absolute joy in mine and Kevin's life! By the end of the day, I am so ready to get home to see my lil' man! It is so refreshing to come home and get greeted by 100 kisses... even though I get a 100 scratches too!

Not only has he brought joy to Kevin and myself, but he's brought Joy to Kevin's family as well. I feel like rather than a dog, we have a baby. Everytime we turn around, he's getting new toys from people and homemade food! And somedays I'll be at work or school and I'll get a call from Kevin's parents or Aunt and Uncle asking if they can come get Rimshot for a while and play with him or take him walking. And there are some days that I'll even come home and he won't be there and I have to call around to find out who has him! (I hope it will be that way when we have kids!)

But all in all, though you may find it ridiculous, I am so thankful for my 4 month old Jack Russell. He has stolen my heart and I can't imagine life without him. I'm so thankful that we chose him out of his brothers and sisters because I'd say, he's the perfect son (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!