11.01.2010

{Thankfulness}: God's Saving Grace

Recently I was talking with a friend and found out that her and her church are doing 30 days of thankfulness for the month of November. I thought it was an amazing idea and I decided to join in as well. So for the next month, I will be posting what I am thankful for and why I am thankful for those things.

So to start the month off, I want to start off in the right place so the very first thing I am thankful for is God's saving grace. Yesterday, at church we sang Chris Tomlin's song, "I Stand Amazed" (How Marvelous). As the band sang the song, the words washed over me.

The song goes as follows:

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

Chorus:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior's love for me!

He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.


These words describe everything I'm thankful for. I can never thank God enough for what he did for me that day at Calvary. He looked at someone who was as far different from him as different could be. He looked at someone who had made mistakes, who had cursed his name, who was filthy in people's eyes, and who turned her back on him time and time again; and yet, despite it all, he saw me as worthy enough to carry my sinful burdens to Calvary. I will forever be grateful that he loved me so much that he was willing to lay his life down for my sin. I hope that at some point in life, I will know what that unfailing love is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!