7.22.2010

Vacation with my Future Family!

Like my family, Kevin's family also has the annual tradition of taking a family beach trip during the summer. Seeing as how I will soon be a part of that amazing family, I got to go along too! And after spending almost all of last week packing and moving stuff into our new house, a vacation was just what I needed!

Each day, we spent the afternoon laying on the beach or playing around in the pool then we'd all enjoy dinner together and then we would go out and have some fun that night.

Sunday night Kevin and I went and saw "The Last Airbender". It was reaaaaally good! I really wanted to see it but I was a little hesitant because I was afraid it would suck because it was a movie by Midnight Shyamalan. I have never liked his movies but I have to admit, he did a great job with this one! I can't wait till the next one comes out!

Monday night we all went out and played putt putt! Let me just say, I beat Kevin! yayyyy! I was pretty proud of myself. He usually kicks my tail, but not that night (: I think its because he was bragging on how he was gonna beat me before we ever started playing. You know what they say, "Pride cometh before the fall" :P. After we all played putt putt, Kevin, Brooke, Bryan, and I all went to Kirk's Ice Cream Parlor where Kevin and I split a bowl of the best Cookies & Cream ice cream that I've ever had in my life! It was soooo yummy! I think going there is going to become a new beach tradition, at least for me anyways :P

Tuesday night we all went to Nakatos Japanese Steak House. Kevin's family always goes there when they are at the beach. It is truly the best Japanese food I've ever tasted! It beats Sapporos and Kabutos hands down! Afterwards, all of us went to see "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". I have to admit, I was kind of disappointed in it. Its not that the movie was bad, I was just expecting more out of it! But then again, I compare it to the other movies that I've watched this summer and its hard to beat "The Last Airbender" and "The Prince of Persia".

Wednesday night Kevin and I decided to go to dinner on our own. I'd been craving Olive Garden so Kevin took me there. When we finished we met up with the rest of the family to play putt putt again. Unfortunately, I didn't play so well so Kevin beat me this time :( Oh well, you can't win them all! But we still had lots of fun and thats what counts!

Overall, I had a great vacation! I was kind of sad to return home today. Kevin's family was staying till Saturday but we chose to come home early so Kevin could play softball tonight and we could do some stuff around our new house tomorrow. But it was all worth it! The guys won and I got to catch up with Kevin's cousin Cursty. I haven't gotten to see her in months and she came tonight to their game! But despite it all, I look forward to going to the beach again!

My favorite photo from our trip <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!