6.30.2010

I Got What Was Coming to Me

Well as most of you know from my facebook status, I finally got what was coming to me.... my very first ticket!

Yesterday, I was at work and decided at five minutes till 4 that I was gonna leave work and go see Kevin on his 4 o'clock break. I wasn't really in a rush because it only takes about 7 minutes to get there. Well as I was rounding the curve on McCoy Rd, I noticed I'd picked up speed and hit my breaks to reduce it. Just as I made my way around the curve, I saw a policeman. My first thought was "OH great!". I passed him and he just sat there. When I got to the stop light, I looked and he was behind me but he didn't have his lights on. I turned at the light and made my way down the road, well a minute later he turns his lights on and I pulled over. He came over to my car and proceeded to tell me that he pulled me for doing 55 in a 35! I was in shock! I mean I know I had picked up speed on that curve but not that much and if I was going so fast, why didn't he pull me back on that road! I didn't really know what to say! He asked for my drivers license and registration so I gave him my license. When I opened my glove compartment my old registration card was lying on top. He said he'd need my new one so I started looking for it. I told him I might not be able to find it because of all the stuff I had. I knew I could, I was just making conversation since he seemed in a hurry. Well he told me no problem he'd just pull it up on his computer.

As I sat there on the side of the road, I looked in my rear view mirror and what do I see? A blue truck with silver stripes! Of course, of all times, my brother is coming down the road. After he passes me, he goes up to the next road, turns around, and heads back my way. As he passes me, he rolls down his window and waves and grins! I think I could have beat him at the time :P haha He thought it was hilarious that his baby sister finally got pulled over!

After what seemed like forever, the cop returned to my car and tells me he wrote me up for 55 in a 35 and that he fined me $30 as well for failing to show my registration! Oh boy, was I mad then! All I could think was "what a butt hole!" It wasn't that I couldn't find my registration, he just said he'd pull it up so I stopped looking for my card! I'd have kept looking if I'd known it was gonna cost me! And where was my warning for speeding?! I'd never even been pulled over before! I had a clean driving record!

So now, I'm in the process of having to find a good lawyer. I'm sure tomorrow my mailbox will be overflowing with letters from lawyers, so thankfully they can come to me; I don't have to look for them.

But on the bright side, this experience has taught me something; I'm learning to not worry about things I can't change. There is no point of being angry at myself or at him. Its over and done with. Now I have to learn from the consequences. And I do have to admit, I'm thankful that that officer was doing his job and stopped me from speeding (though I wasn't going as fast as he said!). And who knows, him stopping me might have possibly prevented me from some other major catastrophe. So I guess I have to look at the bright side and say that maybe this ticket was the best thing that could have happened to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!