6.26.2010

The Moore's Annual Beach Trip

So this past week, Kevin and I went to the beach with my family for the Moore's annual beach trip. My family left on Saturday, but I stayed behind until Sunday because Kevin had to work Sunday and I was a little nervous about him driving 4 hours (in the dark) after working for 12 hours, so I stayed behind & I must say, it was completely worth it. We had a great time joking around and cutting up on the way to the beach. Kevin also took me to Pizza Inn in Rockingham, NC for dinner because I'd never been there and he insists that its the best pizza ever! I have to say, Pizza Station is better in my opinion, but thats ok, it was something new!

On our first day at the beach, we went and hung out on the ocean. It was so nice. After we got some sun, we came in and got showers and went out. Kevin's family has a tradition that when they come to the beach, they always eat at Nakato's Japanese Steakhouse. It seems now that my family has adopted that tradition too. Its seriously the best Japanese food ever! So we all had dinner at Nakato's and went and played a round of putt putt afterwards. As most people know, Kevin is very competitive when it comes to putt putt and I warned him that my dad was too! I don't think he believed me until my dad beat him. And not only did my dad beat him, I beat him too :P I was pretty excited!

On our second day, we began the day again by spending our morning laying around on the sand and cooling down in the ocean. When we came in and got ready, we decided to go have lunch at Chick-fil-a. Kevin had been dying to try their new Spicy Chicken Sandwich. I think it was a little spicier than he thought it would be! Since we were already dressed up, we decided to catch a movie at Broadway after we ate. We chose to go see Jonah Hex. Don't waste your money! The movie sucked and it only lasted for 73 minutes! It was a rip off. But anyways, we were hungry when we got out of the movie so we went back to the house and decided to fix grilled cheese sandwiches. It was the first time we'd ever cooked together and it was definitely memorable! We had so much fun attempting to make them perfect! The rest of the day was spent chilling at the house, putting together a 550-pc puzzle (that I never want to see again), and playing around on the wii fit trying to beat each other's scores.

Day 3 at the beach began a little differently. Kevin and I joined my family for breakfast when they went out. Afterwards, I went shopping with my family while Kevin and my nephew chose to spend the afternoon in the ocean. When they got tired, Kevin came and met me at Tanger Outlets and we did a little walking around. There is a Red Lobster near by and I mentioned how I'd never ate there so he told me it was time that I go there so thats where we had dinner. After we stuffed ourselves on their amazing cheesy garlic rolls, we decided to take the top off the Corvette and go cruising on the strip. It amazes me how many people love Kevin's car! He got all kinds of comments and compliments! (he says its all because of the stripes!) Anyways, we got in kinda early and just chilled around the house but around 10pm we got a little hungry so we decided to make a Krispy Kreme run & boy am I glad we did, the hot and now sign was on when we got there! So we got 2 dozen donuts and I'm pretty sure they were all gone when we left! haha

Our last day at the beach was spent much the same as the second day. Kevin and I went to the ocean with my nephew and when we came in we got ready to go to Olive Garden with the family. Afterwards we went and saw A-Team at Broadway. It was soooo good! I loved it! I highly recommend it to anyone who likes comedies. It was so funny! When the movie let out, we walked around Broadway for a few hours and then went home to go to bed.

Then on Friday at lunch, we left to come home! I was kind of sad that the week was over but at the same time, I was glad to come home because we were coming home to see Kevin's new cousin for the first time! And I can't be too sad, we're heading back to the beach for a full week in just 3 very short weeks!

A few pics from our trip...

The House (:


Putt Putt Night!


Beach Bums :P


The Puzzle I'd Be Happy to Never See Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!